Joint webinar Research & YLTSIG: Researching with Young Learners

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2013
      Have you ever thought of seriously studying what young learners think makes
      a good or a bad teacher?

      My colleague from RESIG, IATEFL's research SIG writes:

      Upcoming webinar & follow-up discussion: Researching with Young Learners
      Webinar

      We are delighted to invite you to join us on our first ever webinar - a
      joint initiative with IATEFL Young Learners and Teens SIG (YLTSIG) on
      Sunday 27 Jan, and the follow-up discussion moderated by Shelagh Rixon.

      To that, on behalf of the committee of YLTSIG, I add:

      The YLTSIG follow-up discussion will be a Yahoogroup email activity and
      will be moderated by Sandie Mourão.

      [Please see details below.]

      || Please also note that this IATEFL joint webinar is open to all. You need
      not be a member of IATEFL or of one of the SIGs to take part. ||

      WEBINAR

      Researching with Young Learners Webinar - organised by IATEFL's ReSIG and
      YLTSIG (Young Learners and Teenagers)

      Date: Sunday, 27 January 2013

      Time: 1.30-3.30 pm GMT

      Your local time<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Joint+webinar+IATEFL+ReSIG+%26+YLTSIG%3A+Researching+with+Young+Learners&iso=20130127T1330&p1=2434>

      Presenters: Harry Kuchah & Annamaria Pinter of Warwick University (UK)

      Location: IATEFL online conference room (Not Cantebury, UK!)

      The room will b e opened 30 minutes before the start of the session. Please
      do NOT attempt to use the URL in advance of this time.

      This is the relevant URL:

      *
      http://connectpro10829081.adobeconnect.com/r2d42gqiiys/*<http://connectpro10829081.adobeconnect.com/r2d42gqiiys/>

      You will arrive at a page that asks you to give your user ID and password
      OR enter as a guest.

      Please sign in as a guest and please name the country in which you are
      presently working.

      ( e.g. Dennis Newson (Germany & UK). When you have given your name, click
      on the words: ENTER THE ROOM. If you hear nothing, look for the written
      chat.

      Please note that the joint webinar will be recorded and the recording made
      available shortly after the session ends.

      ----------------

      You can gain an impression of the nature of the presentation by downloading
      the article:

      Kuchah, K. & Pinter, A. (2012). 'Was this an interview?' Breaking the power
      barrier in adult-child interviews in an African context. Issues In
      Educational Research, 22(3), 283-297

      at http://www.iier.org.au/iier22/kuchah.html

      A Wordpress site has also been created to act as a pick-up point where
      daily digests of both lists will be posted for the convenience of those who
      wish to follow the two separate discussions but do not wish to join both
      lists. The Wordpress site will also make it simple for the two lists to
      monitor each other's proceedings and possibly comment on them.

      http://jointweb.wordpress.com/about/

      FOLLOW-UP DISCUSSION

      Webinar Follow-up Discussion: 'Researching with Young Learners'
      Date: 28 January to 8 February 2013
      Guest moderator: Shelagh Rixon
      Location: ReSIG YahooGroup

      See also:

      http://resig.weebly.com/1/post/2013/01/28-january-to-8-february-2013-webinar-follow-up-discussion-on-researching-with-young-learners.html

      Webinar Follow-up Discussion: 'Researching with Young Learners'
      Date: 28 January to 8 February 2013
      Guest moderator: Sandie Mourão
      Location: YLTSIG YahooGroup

      To join YLTSIG discussion list send an email to:

      younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups

      *
      *

      *Dennis Newson*

      Formerly : University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
      Committee member | Discussion List Manager, YLTSIG Online | IATEFL YLT SIG
      Creator: YLTSIG NING <http://ylandtsig.ning.com/>

      Committee member IATEFL GISIG: Members & Promotion

      Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

      Unrepentant grammarophobe

      YLTSIG Website <http://www.yltsig.org/>

      Yahoogroups YLTSIG: Subscribe: <:younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

      YLTSIG Wiki resources:<http://yltsigwikiresource.pbworks.com/w/page/33485130/FrontPage>