This Sunday 1400 GMT with Dave Cormier, Hangout or Elluminate?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2013
      Hi Dan,

      I missed Dave's session (didn't know about it! not clued in to ETMOOC quite
      yet) - that seems to be a problem with MOOCs as we're finding out in
      MultiMOOC. They don't come and get you. You have to go to them.

      If they seem worth going to though, people will get there eventually.

      Regarding whether to use Elluminate or Hangout with Dave, I was thinking
      Hangout ** IF ** we can stream it. In this case you would come to
      http://webheadsinaction.org and find a live stream you can listen to, and
      you could interact in the text chat there. That's as much as most people
      do in Elluminate.

      So, to repeat, we could have unlimited people listening in the stream and
      interacting in txt, with the possibility of anyone (up to ten at a time,
      people can take turns if needed) appearing in the Hangout.

      Alternatively, Elluminate, which is a lot easier to organize, but not as
      cool a learning experience as Hangout integrated with Drupal and Titanpad,
      streamed and recorded in YouTube.

      What do the rest of your think. Who is likely to come to this? If coming,
      do you prefer Hangout or Elluminate?

      Vance

      On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Daniel Bassill <tutormentor2@...