Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [baw2013] Recording live session

Expand Messages
  • Vance Stevens
    Hi, I hope YGroups is back to working now, and also that it delivers all the backlogged msgs. I don t think we ve had a service interruption there in the past
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2013

      I hope YGroups is back to working now, and also that it delivers all the
      backlogged msgs. I don't think we've had a service interruption there in
      the past decade. You get what you pay for, I guess.

      I scooped my blog post where I put the Elluminate recording link (and also
      the link to the BaW wiki page with the nice screen shots). Incidentally,
      after the session ended, I copied and pasted all the captured web cam shots
      on our whiteboard to a Paint bitmap so I could tease them apart into a
      collage where everyone was represented, and that's the image you see at the
      start of the Posterous post.

      I scooped the post AFTER I had rendered the mp3 audio from the Elluminate
      recording (if you want to do that for your recordings, download Publish
      from the Elluminate site for free - only works on Apple though, go
      figgah!!). I uploaded the mp3 to the Posterous blog on which I have
      installed Feedburner. That might sound complicated, but when you set up
      Feedburner and give it your blog URL it asks you if you are a podcaster,
      and just by ticking YES at that point, your blog becomes a podcast, where
      any media you upload will be included in its RSS feed.

      Now an interesting affordance of Scoop.it is that if your post includes an
      audio file, it sometimes (not always, 90% of the time, and the other 10%
      drives me nuts) puts your recording up at Scoop.it in a media player so
      anyone hitting on the scoop can play the audio right there.

      What'll they think of next? Try it:

      cc to MulitiMOOC and Webheads


      On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Fernanda Rodrigues <
      m.f.d.rodrigues@...> wrote:

      > Hi Catherine and all participants
      > There were some problems with email delivery yesterday, due to maintenance
      > in Yahoo servers (there was a warning in the site, as some of you may have
      > noticed).
      > So I'm sending again the mail about Vance's live session, you'll receive
      > it soon.
      > By the way, if any of you has sent mails that you notice have not been
      > delivered, please send them again.
      > Fernanda
      > week 4 co-moderator and co-coordinator
      > On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:26:23 +0100
      > Catherine Flahaut <ktrine.flahaut@...> wrote:
      > > hello,
      > > I listened to the 1st recording but I can't find the 2nd, I mean the
      > > Wednesday conference, and I still have difficulties to find my way
      > between
      > > the different groups, I think I have registered too many times for
      > > different things and once I've done it and can't go back to it.
      > > Sorry to be so thick... and thanks for helping.
      > > catherine Flahaut
      > >
      > > --
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>
      > --
      Vance Stevens

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.