Welcome James Mi... and Learning2gether lately

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2013
      Hi everyone,

      Some of us on this list are quite busy with EVO, myself included, but I'd
      like to welcome a new webhead member to this list

      jamesmi - Comment from user:
      I am recommend by an online course to join this group in order to communicate
      with other group members.

      Also, we've had some interesting sessions on Learning2gether lately, and
      many coming up

      So far this year we've had three sessions about EVO, all archived at
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/
      On Jan 6 I recorded a discussion of the EVO MultiMOOC session in
      Elluminate. On Saturday Jan 12 I presented on EVO at a live event in Abu
      Dhabi and streamed that with the help of Jeff Lebow, who also hosted the
      EVO Mega-launch next day, which was indeed an interesting event. You can
      see the YouTube recording at http://webheadsinaction.org, or find its link
      below, along with links to recordings of the other events as well.

      - Sunday, January 13, 2013 - *Jeff Lebow* converges Hangout, Second
      Life, Elluminate, and WiZiQ for the EVO 2013 (Electronic Village Online)
      Mega-Launch
      -
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/jeff-lebow-converges-hangout-second-life-ellu

      - Saturday, January 12, 2013 - *Jeff Lebow* Hanging out at *Vance Stevens
      *'s live TAEdTech presentation on EVO at Al Hosn University Abu Dhabi
      -
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/jeff-lebow-hanging-out-at-vance-stevenss-live

      - Sunday, January 6, 2013 - *Vance Stevens, *Ana Cristina Pratas, Claire
      Siskin, and Tony Gurr discuss: What's a MultiMOOC?
      - http://learning2gether.posterous.com/173596893

      Today Jan 16 at 1300 GMT I'm scheduled to talk in Elluminate to the EVO
      session Becoming a Webhead on that, and what Webheads has become, into here:
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevents

      You can scroll down that link to see that Dave Cormier is scheduled to talk
      to us on Sunday Jan 20 on the topic of MOOCs. Dave coined the term MOOC
      and has exceptional insight into the movement, having been involved in
      several MOOCs since the first one in 2008. Dave is scheduled to talk with
      us at 1400 GMT either in a Hangout or in Elluminate, to be announced at the
      link above.

      Hope to see you at any of these events, and to learn more about your EVO
      events if you would like to post announcements to this list.

      Best,

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

    • Daniel Bassill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2013
        Vance, thanks for the update. I've been taking part in the Education Technology and Media MOOC which started Monday. Dave Comier was in the session held last night. http://etmooc.org/archive/

        I see that Dave will be hosting on Sunday. If possible I hope you'll do this in Elluminate since an unlimited number of people can participate vs I think the Hangout is still limited to 10.

        Dan Bassill
        Tutor/Mentor Connection
        Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC
        http://tutormentor.blogspot.com

        >Some of us on this list are quite busy with EVO, myself included, but I'd
        >like to welcome a new webhead member to this list
        >
        >jamesmi - Comment from user:
        >I am recommend by an online course to join this group in order to communicate
        >with other group members.
        >
        >Also, we've had some interesting sessions on Learning2gether lately, and
        >many coming up
        >
        >So far this year we've had three sessions about EVO, all archived at
        >http://learning2gether.posterous.com/
        >On Jan 6 I recorded a discussion of the EVO MultiMOOC session in
        >Elluminate. On Saturday Jan 12 I presented on EVO at a live event in Abu
        >Dhabi and streamed that with the help of Jeff Lebow, who also hosted the
        >EVO Mega-launch next day, which was indeed an interesting event. You can
        >see the YouTube recording at http://webheadsinaction.org, or find its link
        >below, along with links to recordings of the other events as well.
        >
        > - Sunday, January 13, 2013 - *Jeff Lebow* converges Hangout, Second
        > Life, Elluminate, and WiZiQ for the EVO 2013 (Electronic Village Online)
        > Mega-Launch
        > -
        > http://learning2gether.posterous.com/jeff-lebow-converges-hangout-second-life-ellu
        >
        > - Saturday, January 12, 2013 - *Jeff Lebow* Hanging out at *Vance Stevens
        > *'s live TAEdTech presentation on EVO at Al Hosn University Abu Dhabi
        > -
        > http://learning2gether.posterous.com/jeff-lebow-hanging-out-at-vance-stevenss-live
        >
        > - Sunday, January 6, 2013 - *Vance Stevens, *Ana Cristina Pratas, Claire
        > Siskin, and Tony Gurr discuss: What's a MultiMOOC?
        > - http://learning2gether.posterous.com/173596893
        >

        >Today Jan 16 at 1300 GMT I'm scheduled to talk in Elluminate to the EVO
        >session Becoming a Webhead on that, and what Webheads has become, into here:
        >http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevents
        >
        >You can scroll down that link to see that Dave Cormier is scheduled to talk
        >to us on Sunday Jan 20 on the topic of MOOCs. Dave coined the term MOOC
        >and has exceptional insight into the movement, having been involved in
        >several MOOCs since the first one in 2008. Dave is scheduled to talk with
        >us at 1400 GMT either in a Hangout or in Elluminate, to be announced at the
        >link above.
        >
        >Hope to see you at any of these events, and to learn more about your EVO
        >events if you would like to post announcements to this list.
        >
        >Best,
        >
        >--
        >Vance Stevens
        >http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

      • Evelyn Izquierdo
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2013
          Welcome, James! If you love technology or are eager to learn, this is the right place. Feel free to ask any questions. There is always a hand willing to help. You may also join the other online spaces. We usually jump from one site to another exploring, sharing, learning, and having fun.  Main site to visit http://www.webheadsinaction.org  Would you kindly share some info about you? It would be great to know what you do and what you teach (if you are a teacher).
          Best regards,
          Evelyn from Caracas, Venezuela.----

          Evelyn IzquierdoCátedra de Idiomas ExtranjerosEscuela de EducaciónUniversidad Central de Venezuelahttp://www.ucv.ve http://evelynizquierdo.wordpress.com/Skype: evelyn.izquierdoTwitter: @eveweb