Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Bushfire in Australia

  • Aiden
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
      Good to know you're safe :-)

      Aiden

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 2013/1/9, at 0:28, michaelc@... wrote:

      > All fine with me Aiden. I'm actually in Myanmar at the moment and will write more later. Thanks for your
      > concern,
      >
      > - Michael
      >
      > On Wed, Jan 9th, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Aiden aidenyeh@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Michael,
      > >
      > > Heard about the bush fire in or near Tasmania. I hope you and your family
      > > are safe and far from this disaster.
      > >
      > > Keep us updated when you can.
      > >

      > > Aiden
      > >

      > > Aiden Yeh, PhD
      > > Assistant Professor
      > > Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages
      > > Twitter: motherchina
      > > Skype: aidenyeh
      > > Viber, Line, Tango: +886938392852
      > >
      > > Sent from my iPhone

    • mikecogh
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2013
        The thing about Australia is that it's so big that there can several very large bushfires and most of the
        country - especially those living in the cities - is pretty much unaffected. And this time - so far - there have
        been no large fires in my home state of South Australia this summer. And I'd like it to stay that way as our
        daughter has just moved into a high fire risk area. High fire risk often also means really beautiful
        countryside. And that's why people choose to live in these places. They are much nicer than cities but they
        are a fire risk in summer in southern Australia.

        Thanks again Aiden,

        - Michael