Re: [EVO_Coordinators] REMINDER: Electronic Village Online - Call for Participation

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2013
      Hi all,

      Another reminder, there is an EVO kickoff session starting with a Google Hangout at 14:00 GMT this Sunday Jan 13, hosted and MC'd by Jeff Lebow.

      Time: 14:00-16:00 GMT
      * http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Jeff+Lebow+hosts+the+EVO+%28Electronic+Village+Online%29+Mega-Kickoff&iso=20130113T14&p1=1440&ah=2
      * http://tinyurl.com/2013jan13gmt1400

      If required, Jeff is amenable to streaming from Elluminate: http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/

      What is this about?
      This is an annual EVO event where moderators for the EVO sessions listed at http://evosessions.pbworks.com meet from 1400 GMT in Google Hangout to talk about their sessions and take questions from interested participants.

      Ten people at a time can be in a Hangout, but the event is streamed so that almost anyone can listen to the stream while it is being broadcast or later via the recording.  The stream can also be fed into Elluminate, where people can meet up or get help if they are having trouble with Google Hangout.

      The stream URL or widget will appear at http://webheadsinaction.org/. There is also a text chat there.  You can visit there now to see the example of the Dec 9 practice session, which includes Nina's recipe for yummy Granola.

      Anyone wishing to comment on the stream, or get help with Hangout can come to http://webheadsinaction.org/ and use the text chat there, or visit http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/ for text and possibly voice chat.

      Or simply reply to this email with your questions :-)

      The URL for the hangout will be available in those places and will be published here at launch time.
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SunJan132013JeffLebowhoststheEVOElectronicVillageOnlineMegaKickoff

      All are welcome