free photo collage maker

  • edtec2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
      Hi, all,

      I just volunteered to make a photo collage which will be put into MS Word and converted to Adobe Reader as part of a newsletter. If you used a free application to make one, which one do you prefer? I just did a search, and there are several out there. Some you don't have to download to your computer.

      Chris Jones
    • Dilip Barad
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
        I use Picasa - Google . It's free version is downloaded. Very easy for and
        for me the best for collage.

        Dilip Barad, Ph.D.
        Professor and Head
        Dept. of English, Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University.
        www.dilipbarad.com
        http://dilipbarad.blogspot.com
        (from Samsung Galaxy Tablet)
        On Dec 17, 2012 2:12 AM, "edtec2002" <edtec2002@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi, all,
        >
        > I just volunteered to make a photo collage which will be put into MS Word
        > and converted to Adobe Reader as part of a newsletter. If you used a free
        > application to make one, which one do you prefer? I just did a search, and
        > there are several out there. Some you don't have to download to your
        > computer.
        >
        > Chris Jones

      • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
          Dilip, this was really useful. I've just downloaded the latest version of
          Picasa and am amazed at the number of things you can do with it. Thanks!
          Mary

          On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Dilip Barad <dilipbarad@...> wrote:

          > I use Picasa - Google . It's free version is downloaded. Very easy for and
          > for me the best for collage.
          >
          > Dilip Barad, Ph.D.
          > Professor and Head
          > Dept. of English, Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University.
          > www.dilipbarad.com
          > http://dilipbarad.blogspot.com
          > (from Samsung Galaxy Tablet)
          > On Dec 17, 2012 2:12 AM, "edtec2002" <edtec2002@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hi, all,
          > >
          > > I just volunteered to make a photo collage which will be put into MS Word
          > > and converted to Adobe Reader as part of a newsletter. If you used a free
          > > application to make one, which one do you prefer? I just did a search,
          > and
          > > there are several out there. Some you don't have to download to your
          > > computer.
          > >
          > > Chris Jones

        • edtec2002
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
            Hi, Dilip,

            Thanks for your suggestion. I downloaded both Picasa and Microsoft Auto Collage (suggested by Teresa). Auto Collage does everything for you and comes out looking quite professionally blended together. However, you don't have any choice about placement and can only choose two photos to highlight. It uses face recognition in the photos to determine placement. In Picasa, you can choose how big to make your photos, where to place them, what angle to put them at, and add in a background color to cover empty space. I had no problems using either saved collage first in a Word document and then converted to Adobe Reader. I was mildly annoyed that Picasa loaded EVERY photo on my computer into its database. You need to be careful about whether you are deleting photos from your computer or from Picasa albums.

            Chris Jones