Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Elluminate moderator needed for Sunday 1800 GMT

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 11, 2012
      Hi Vance!

      I'd be pleased to co-moderate. I'm usually free at that time and was
      planning to attend Josef's session at 15:00, because I can generally
      make it then.

      Hugs, Teresa

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2012
        Hi Teresa,

        Thanks very much. The presentation was originally scheduled for 14:00 GMT,
        but we've changed it now to 18:00. Is the new time ok for you?

        Incidentally, if there is co-moderator backup, we could do it earlier at
        17:00, but maybe best to leave it as is if possible.

        Vance

        --
        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
          Let's leave it as it is, 18:00 GMT.

          I'll be there, Vance, hopefully, together with you. :-)

          Hugs, Teresa

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
            That's 10 at night in Abu Dhabi. I should be there with time to spare,

            To anyone planning to join us, try to familiarize yourself with the
            following workshop paper

            http://eurocallsigsbologna.weebly.com/uploads/8/7/4/5/8745414/colpaert_bologna_2012_eurocall.pdf

            Vance

          • John Hibbs
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
              >At 5:27 PM +0400 12/12/12, Vance Stevens wrote
              >To anyone planning to join us, try to familiarize yourself with the
              >following workshop paper

              http://eurocallsigsbologna.weebly.com/uploads/8/7/4/5/8745414/colpaert_bologna_2012_eurocall.pdf

              Vance, Teresa, all Webheads: Once more I salute you for these kinds
              of efforts. There are many things to applaud and encourage. Which I
              would like to do by way of an over-long post:

              1. I love the idea of submitting several days in advance of your
              Sunday meeting an outline such as the url to the pdf you circulated.
              I know that's a tough practice to cause for all or even most of the
              Sunday meetings. And of course the archives can "grow", especially
              with post-Sunday submissions. These are all helpful and encourage
              participation, the submissions and the reminders in my mail box to
              not overlook.

              2. Learning Through Sharing PDF: The particular pieces the kind of
              thing that needs the widest possible distribution. As the author
              notes, the ideas presented may be aimed primarily to language
              learners; but the broader implications are enormous. A great piece
              of work.

              3. This is the kind piece that the many governmental organizations of
              many stripes need to circulate. I suppose by RSS (and its
              counterparts) is one of the better, easier ways to ensure wide
              circulation? (plus all the 'subscribe" tools at hand) (the problem of
              course is overloaded mail boxes). The point here is to explore, and
              use, all those "share" tools you guys all use and talk about so much.
              (See next)

              4. Because I am not much of a Facebook fan, I have not been "open" to
              using FB to gain wider audiences. Dr. Jim Morrison, retired professor
              from the University of North California and editor of wide reaching
              publications for many years, has opened my eyes to how he uses FB.
              Like Vance and me, Jim's an Old Dog too. The difference is that both
              of them adopt easily to learn new tricks. This Old Dog is still
              trying to work the gears on the Model T he bought brand new from
              Henry Ford. Reminders to the us Old Dogs on easier, better tricks to
              learn are always useful.

              Finally, phew....

              5. The "Run Up" to Very Big Events. A zillion times I have
              referenced Sam Johnson's "Nothing concentrates the mind like a
              hanging." In the instant case, I say that "Nothing concentrates the
              mind like an event," Which is why those Sunday meetings are so
              important; to be considered something like the long baseball season
              in America where the 30 teams play 162 games the "regular" season;
              then there are a slew of playoffs; then the World Series. (of course
              the World Cup/soccer does this too.) The point is that the 52 Webhead
              Sunday meetings are very important in and of themselves; but they
              also can be considered as "warm ups" to the major global conferences,
              which in turn may well lead to being on what I consider to be the
              world's biggest stage, most important stage at TED.

              Jim Morrison, what say you?
              P.S. Steve Hargadon does this same kind of thing...so I am sending a
              copy to him

              Steve Hargadon
              <http://www.stevehargadon.com/>
              <http://www.web20labs.com/>