Re: [evonline2002_webheads] just joined Webheads

  • Hala Fawzi
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 10, 2012
      Hi Angela,

      You came to the right place. You will definitely learn a lot here with/from this family.

      I have had a dream, all my life. To touch/smell/eat/roll on/ and take pics with..guess what? Snow!

      Welcome aboard!

      Hala (A Sudanese living elsewhere)

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 10, 2012
        Hi everyone,

        Webheads have 1011 members now at their YahooGroup. There is some
        attrition occasionally, but much more often we have people requesting to
        join us.

        I know that some moderators take the time to welcome new members, and I
        have often felt remiss that I have never done that (I guess I worried I
        might get very busy and miss someone; I like to say you get only so many
        key presses in a day). But since Angela has shown excellent netiquette in
        introducing herself to the list, and I have a little time at the moment, I
        think I'll welcome a few of our latest arrivals as well.

        So welcome to Angela, and to:

        Belinda, joined Dec 9, and said "I am an ESL Instructor who is TEFL
        Certified, and teaching in Saudi Arabia. I would love to have resources,
        and connectedness with other
        instructors."

        "Trinity_col Teach, joined in Nov, and said "I am very much into connecting
        with other teachers online and encouraging others in my country to do the
        same (from Trinidad, West
        Indies)."

        Simona Cana, joined in Nov, and said "I have been working in IT for the
        last 8 years. At
        the same time I am a student of English Studies (4th year). I'd like to join
        the group in order to find ways to combine technology with my studies."

        Laveli, who joined in Nov, saying "I am studying English Studies at Uned in
        Spain and I have 10-year experience as an English teacher. I would like to
        interchange and share
        info and new methods to hook our students."

        Sunny Guowen, joined in Nov, saying "I am very interested in digital
        literacy."

        JB Greer, who has been in touch about his survey

        amnahajrus, joined Nov 1, and said, "simply I'm a student of the teaching
        English language who really looks forward to be always better"

        ub.college, joined in October, saying "I'm one of TI members. Mr.Jeff
        Cooper has refereed me to this group. I'm working on my MA degree in
        linguistics. Israa Al-Taie, University of Baghdad"

        K Gulozer, joined in October, saying "I would like to collaborate and get
        information about the new web technologies in relation to language
        instruction"

        hm7994, joined in Sept, and said "I am an English teacher, am interested in
        knowing
        more about English Teaching in general and integrating technology in it in
        particular."

        Dawn Bikowski, who joined and posted an invitation to present at the EVO
        fairs at TESOL Dallas. She is one of the developers of Trace Effects.

        inejjar, joined Sept 11, and posted "I'm an ELT teacher trainer who is
        interested in the use of technology to enhance the teaching of ESL or EFL."

        MS Flower, joined in Sept, saying "I have been teaching English for over 8
        years. I would like to communicate with other teachers around the world and
        share teaching experience together."

        You get the idea. Any more takes us back to last summer.

        Welcome to all new Webheads over the years, and thanks Angela for making me
        realize I should have been doing this since we started in 2002.

        Vance

        --
        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com