Learning2gether last Sunday and next

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      Sunday yesterday was very active. We started at 1400 GMT with Jeff Lebow
      starting and streaming a hangout. This was ostensibly for EVO practice, and
      Jeff managed to stream into Elluminate through his webcam there, pretty
      clever. Jeff's stream was recorded in YouTube and link and the mp3 are
      podcast at:
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/jeff-lebow-and-vance-stevens-hangout-with-san

      We were still in Elluminate when Derya Kulavuz-Onal appeared for her
      session at 1500 GMT on Developing Technology-Infused Culture-Teaching
      Materials for ESL. She gave an interesting session on how she trains
      students preparing to be teachers in graduate courses on cultural awareness
      using digital storytelling tools. These students themselves are from
      varying cultures. That session has an Elluminate recording. The link to
      the recording and mp3 podcast are here:
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/learning2gether-with-derya-kulavuz-onal-about

      During the Hangout, Jeff asked me if I was thinking to start a
      webheadsinaction Googe+ Community. It seems we are all suddenly, like in
      the last couple of days, getting inundated with community invitations now.
      I said, yes, I had been thinking about that because I wanted to get in
      there and make one before anyone else like James O'Reilly preempted us. He
      didn't actually preempt us on the FB group; I had already made one but was
      late in announcing it, allowing James to sneak his in there. In any event,
      that's social networking, but at Jeff's prompt, I made a Google+ community
      and you may join it here:
      https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104523567430842485789

      Finally, I am doing all this work while on leave, and this is skewing my
      weekends. This coming weekend I will be diving into Sunday. We have a
      Learning2gether session with Jozef Colpaert at 1400 GMT. It is unlikely
      I'll be back to Internet by then so I will ask Jozef if he can do a later
      session. If he is busy and can't change the time, is there anyone out
      there who can host the Elluminate session at 1400 GMT? (help!!?)

      If you are planning to attend Jozef's session, there is homework. It's
      mentioned at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com

      best,

      --
      Vance Stevens