Re: [evonline2002_webheads] EVO 2013

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
      Hi Vance!

      We aren't going to have a TI tour because BJ retired from TI and they
      aren't accepting any new members. So there's no point in showing something
      participants can't join.

      BTW, I got the info about no new memberships since last August in the TI
      homepage.

      My message below wasn't meant for WiA, and I'm sorry, but now I'm glad you
      got this info.

      Hugs, Teresa

      --
      Sent from my iPhone

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
        Hi,

        I'm glad you obliquely informed the webheads list because TI has been a
        fixture for so long. We should point out that membership there is not
        required for interaction. People can still go in as guests and there's
        hardly any difference. But I found what it says at the site

        As of late August, 2012, new member registration has been disabled due to
        issues with the stability of our server. If you're looking for an online
        place to host a new online class, consider edmodo <http://edmodo.com/>.

        I'm at Tapped In now, getting ready to Hangout with Jeff Lebow, and then at
        1500 gmt - Derya Kulavuz-Onal - Developing Technology-Infused
        Culture-Teaching Materials for ESL

        Hope you can join us,

        Vance

        On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
        <teresadeca@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi Vance!
        >
        > We aren't going to have a TI tour because BJ retired from TI and they
        > aren't accepting any new members. So there's no point in showing something
        > participants can't join.
        >
        > BTW, I got the info about no new memberships since last August in the TI
        > homepage.
        >
        > My message below wasn't meant for WiA, and I'm sorry, but now I'm glad you
        > got this info.
        >
        > Hugs, Teresa
        >

        > On Sunday, December 9, 2012, Vance Stevens wrote:
        >
        > > This is interesting information, Teresa. I wasn't aware that TI was going
        > > through changes. This sounds like a retrenchment :-(
        > >
        > > When are you having your BJ tour? I'd like to attend if convenient.
        > >
        > > Vance
        > >

        > > On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
        > > <teresadeca@... <javascript:;>>wrote:
        > >
        > > > **
        >

        > > > Dear Carlinha,
        > > >
        > > > Have the EVO sessions been made public yet? If not, could I change
        > > > something in the Syllabus? Not our fault.
        > > >
        > > > We found out a couple of days ago, when inviting BJ to give us a tour
        > of
        > > > TappedIn, that it is no longer accepting members (since last August).
        > > >
        > > > On the other hand, BJ retired from TI after 14 years. What a fabulous
        > > > job she did! :-)
        > > >
        > > > So, if possible, we'd like to remove the tour of TI from the week 1
        > > > description in the Syllabus.
        > > >
        > > > Hope to hear from you. TIA.
        > > >
        > > > Beijinhos, Teresa
        > >

        > --
        > Sent from my iPhone

        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
          Thanks for the reminder, Vance. But this is always the time of day on
          Sundays when I'm at my parents' to give them lunch and help out with
          anything else.

          --
          Sent from my iPhone