Funding Opportunity for the Development and Evaluation of Educational Games

  • Maryanne
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2012
      I'm copying below information I received from a listserv. I thought
      someone in this group might be interested or know of someone who is.
      The US Department of Education's Institute of Education Sciences
      (ED/IES) and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) plan
      to release a joint-agency Phase I SBIR solicitation requesting proposals
      for the development and evaluation of commercially viable education
      technology games. The solicitation will likely include four (4) topic
      areas, each focused on student learning. These topics include games to:
      (1) improve learning in statistics and probability, (2) support English
      learners, (3) support foreign language learning and to (4) support
      computer science learning. Phase I awards will be up to $150,000, and
      Phase I winners will be eligible to apply for Phase II funding in
      amounts up to $900,000 one year from now. With questions or to discuss
      possible project ideas before the solicitation is released on December
      17, contact the ED/IES SBIR program manager Edward Metz at
      Edward.Metz@... <mailto:Edward.Metz@...> .
      For more information about the ED/IES SBIR program, see here:
      http://ies.ed.gov/sbir/ <http://ies.ed.gov/sbir/> .
      For more information about the DARPA SBIR program, see here:
      http://www.darpa.mil/opportunities/small_business.aspx
      <http://www.darpa.mil/opportunities/small_business.aspx>