Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Trace Effects

    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 5, 2012
      Thanks for the comments on this thread. Carla takes the prize for solving
      the riddle, English Teaching Forum.

      I have put information about the next event for Trace Effects here
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#TuesdayDec18DeborahHealeyonTraceEffects

      It will pop to the top after our Learning2gether event with Jozef Colpaert
      on Dec 16. That should be an interesting one btw, on why teachers have
      mixed feelings about OER. There is a paper to read and some issues to
      reflect on, links here:
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SunDec1620121400GMTJozefColpaertnbspnbspOERsforlanguagelearningandteachingwhydoteachershavemixedfeelings

      Elizabeth, I am finding that so many webheads are involved in Trace
      Effects, not surprisingly. Can you give us some background on it? I
      stated that Rick Rosenberg is the "prime developer" but is that accurate?
      Also, I went to the site http://americanenglish.state.gov but didn't see
      teaching materials there. I think these are at the Ning
      http://traceeffects.ning.com/. What I'm looking for are the comics. Are
      these online anywhere? I think they might just be on the DVD.

      John thanks for your comments and for pointing to the presidents site. You
      and Dan Bassill were talking recently about leadership on this list. I was
      busy at the time and then time for reply passed, but I meant to point out
      the the book that I think best captures the quality of good leadership is
      Tribes by Seth Godin. (there, scratched that itch).

      All the best,
      Vance

      On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

      > teaching!
      >

      > On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
      >
      > > How are you supposed to answer this questions?
      > > Please correctly answer �Please Fill in the Blank: English _______ Forum
      > > (Hint: forum.state.gov)�.

      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
      http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

    • John Hibbs
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 5, 2012
        Vance is used to babysitting me, so this whine won't be new to him. Apologies.

        But, when I went to traceeffets.ning.com and tried to "sign in"
        http://traceeffects.ning.com/main/authorization/signUp?
        I could not "pass" the "test"

        Please Fill in the Blank: English _______ Forum (Hint: forum.state.gov)

        Then I could not pass the Google two-word "test" to repeat the images
        that were shown.

        After four or five times with each test, I then went through the
        password hoops.

        And, here I am, whining, whining, whining.

        P.S. Vance, you did mention Tribes to me...it's on my Wish List. One
        more unread book on my nightstand and the load will break the legs.

        snip snip

        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 5, 2012
          The missing word is Teaching (might be case sensitive)

          *V*

          --
          Vance Stevens
          http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
          http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 5, 2012
            Nina and Carla--
            I think the entry key word at the DoS Ning has to be capitalized: Teaching
            --Elizabeth

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

            > teaching!
            >

            > On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
            >
            > > How are you supposed to answer this questions?
            > > Please correctly answer "Please Fill in the Blank: English _______ Forum
            > > (Hint: forum.state.gov)".
          • Hala Fawzi
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
              Dear Webheads,
              I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa and Dr. Ronlado Lima.
              Well done, and hearty congratulations!
              Hala.

              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,

                Heartfelt congrats to you!! And all the best in new ventures that will
                definitely come along. :-)

                Beijinhos, Teresa

              • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                  Congratulations !!!

                  Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,

                  Best wishes!!! We are proud of your accomplishments!

                  {{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}

                  **

                  *Nina A.Lyulkun*

                  Khmelnitskiy National University <http://www.khnu.km.ua/root/default.htm>

                  Mobile: (+38)067 9334574
                  [image: Blogger] <http://tesol-ua.blogspot.com/> [image:
                  Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572760950> [image:
                  Google Plus] <https://plus.google.com/117218005724095778971> [image:
                  Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#%21/nagora> [image:
                  VKontakte]<http://vkontakte.ru/id17326732>
                  [image: Skype] nagora60

                  On 6 December 2012 20:14, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                  >
                  > Heartfelt congrats to you!! And all the best in new ventures that will
                  > definitely come along. :-)
                  >
                  > Beijinhos, Teresa

                • Holly Dilatush
                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                    Woo-hoo!!!!!

                    Congratulations Drs. Costa and Lima!
                    Smiles from Virginia, USA,
                    Holly

                    On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Dear Webheads,
                    > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa and
                    > Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                    > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                    > Hala.

                  • Aiden
                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                      I already said my 'congratulations' to Cris on FB, but worth repeating it here. I didnt know that ronaldo was doing his studies as well- a big hug and pat on the back to you Ronaldo for finishing the phd race. I'm very happy that you both passed the viva.

                      Well done!

                      Aiden
                      Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages
                      Twitter: motherchina
                      Skype: aidenyeh
                      Viber, Line, Tango: +886938392852

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On 2012/12/7, at 2:07, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

                      > Dear Webheads,
                      > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa and Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                      > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                      > Hala.

                    • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                        That's great news! Congrats to dear Cristina and Ronaldo!
                        Mary

                        On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
                        <teresadeca@...>wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                        >
                        > Heartfelt congrats to you!! And all the best in new ventures that will
                        > definitely come along. :-)
                        >
                        > Beijinhos, Teresa
                        >

                        > On 06-12-2012 18:07, Hala Fawzi wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Dear Webheads,
                        > > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa
                        > > and Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                        > > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                        > > Hala.

                      • Ronaldo Lima Jr
                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                          Thank you, guys, for the kind words, and congratulations again, Cristina!

                          This probably explains why I have been a little away from the virtual world for the past few (many, actually!) months, but I'm eager to resume my digital projects!

                          All the best from Brazil,

                          Ronaldo

                          On 06/12/2012, at 17:20, "nina.lyulkun@..." <nina.lyulkun@...> wrote:

                          > Congratulations !!!
                          >
                          > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                          >
                          > Best wishes!!! We are proud of your accomplishments!
                          >
                          > {{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}
                          >
                          > **
                          >
                          > *Nina A.Lyulkun*
                          >
                          > Khmelnitskiy National University <http://www.khnu.km.ua/root/default.htm>
                          >
                          > Mobile: (+38)067 9334574
                          > [image: Blogger] <http://tesol-ua.blogspot.com/> [image:
                          > Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572760950> [image:
                          > Google Plus] <https://plus.google.com/117218005724095778971> [image:
                          > Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#%21/nagora> [image:
                          > VKontakte]<http://vkontakte.ru/id17326732>
                          > [image: Skype] nagora60
                          >
                          > On 6 December 2012 20:14, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                          > >
                          > > Heartfelt congrats to you!! And all the best in new ventures that will
                          > > definitely come along. :-)
                          > >
                          > > Beijinhos, Teresa

                        • Squires, Robert
                          Message 12 of 24 , Dec 7, 2012
                            I'd like to add my congrats to Cristina and Ronaldo as well. Well done!

                            Robert

                            On 06/12/2012, at 17:20, "nina.lyulkun@...<mailto:nina.lyulkun%40gmail.com>" <nina.lyulkun@...<mailto:nina.lyulkun%40gmail.com>> wrote:

                            > Congratulations !!!
                            >
                            > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                            >
                            > Best wishes!!! We are proud of your accomplishments!
                            >
                            > {{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}
                            >
                            > **
                            >
                            > *Nina A.Lyulkun*
                            >
                            > Khmelnitskiy National University <http://www.khnu.km.ua/root/default.htm>
                            >
                            > Mobile: (+38)067 9334574
                            > [image: Blogger] <http://tesol-ua.blogspot.com/> [image:
                            > Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572760950> [image:
                            > Google Plus] <https://plus.google.com/117218005724095778971> [image:
                            > Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#%21/nagora> [image:
                            > VKontakte]<http://vkontakte.ru/id17326732>
                            > [image: Skype] nagora60
                            >
                            > On 6 December 2012 20:14, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@...<mailto:teresadeca%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                            >
                            > > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                            > >
                            > > Heartfelt congrats to you!! And all the best in new ventures that will
                            > > definitely come along. :-)
                            > >
                            > > Beijinhos, Teresa

                          • Susana Canelo
                            Message 13 of 24 , Dec 7, 2012
                              I add myself to the celebration !! Two members of our family are PhD holders !!
                              Claps for both of them !

                              Hugs from Argentina

                              Susana

                              ________________________________
                              I already said my 'congratulations' to Cris on FB, but worth repeating it here. I didnt know that ronaldo was doing his studies as well- a big hug and pat on the back to you Ronaldo for finishing the phd race. I'm very happy that you both passed the viva.

                              Well done!

                              Aiden
                              Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages
                              Twitter: motherchina
                              Skype: aidenyeh
                              Viber, Line, Tango: +886938392852

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              On 2012/12/7, at 2:07, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

                              > Dear Webheads,
                              > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa and Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                              > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                              > Hala.

                            • Lawan Dalha
                              Message 14 of 24 , Dec 7, 2012
                                Morning dear webheads,

                                Congratulations to Dr Ronaldo and Dr Cristina for your new achievement. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

                                Best
                                Lawan

                                Lawan Dalha

                              • Cora
                                Message 15 of 24 , Dec 8, 2012
                                  Congratulations to Dr.Cristina Costa and Dr. Ronlado Lima!!!

                                  Cora :-)))

                                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

                                  > Dear Webheads,
                                  > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa and Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                                  > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                                  > Hala.

                                • Nina Liakos
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Dec 8, 2012
                                    Warm congratulations to Ronaldo and Cristina! What an achievement!
                                    Nina in Maryland

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Dec 8, 2012
                                      Let me add one belated congratulations to doctors Cristina and Ronaldo

                                      and top that with an invitation to please join us on
                                      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com to discuss with us your research.

                                      Vance

                                      On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

                                      > **
                                      >

                                      > Warm congratulations to Ronaldo and Cristina! What an achievement!
                                      > Nina in Maryland
                                      >

                                      > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...>
                                      > wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Dear Webheads,
                                      > > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa
                                      > and Dr. Ronaldo Lima.
                                      >
                                      > > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                                      > > Hala.

                                      > --
                                      Vance Stevens
                                      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
                                      http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

                                    • Derya Kulavuz-Onal
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Dec 9, 2012
                                        Woohooo! That's wonderful news!! Congratulations, Dr. Costa and Dr. Lima!

                                        Derya Kulavuz-Onal
                                        Doctoral Candidate, SLAIT
                                        Grad. TA, WLE / ESOL Education
                                        University of South Florida
                                        33620, Tampa, FL

                                      • Maryanne
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Dec 11, 2012
                                          Congratulations to Cristina and Ronaldo for their daunting accomplishment.