Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Trace Effects

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 4, 2012
      teaching!

      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 5, 2012
        Thanks for the comments on this thread. Carla takes the prize for solving
        the riddle, English Teaching Forum.

        I have put information about the next event for Trace Effects here
        http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#TuesdayDec18DeborahHealeyonTraceEffects

        It will pop to the top after our Learning2gether event with Jozef Colpaert
        on Dec 16. That should be an interesting one btw, on why teachers have
        mixed feelings about OER. There is a paper to read and some issues to
        reflect on, links here:
        http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SunDec1620121400GMTJozefColpaertnbspnbspOERsforlanguagelearningandteachingwhydoteachershavemixedfeelings

        Elizabeth, I am finding that so many webheads are involved in Trace
        Effects, not surprisingly. Can you give us some background on it? I
        stated that Rick Rosenberg is the "prime developer" but is that accurate?
        Also, I went to the site http://americanenglish.state.gov but didn't see
        teaching materials there. I think these are at the Ning
        http://traceeffects.ning.com/. What I'm looking for are the comics. Are
        these online anywhere? I think they might just be on the DVD.

        John thanks for your comments and for pointing to the presidents site. You
        and Dan Bassill were talking recently about leadership on this list. I was
        busy at the time and then time for reply passed, but I meant to point out
        the the book that I think best captures the quality of good leadership is
        Tribes by Seth Godin. (there, scratched that itch).

        All the best,
        Vance

        On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

        > teaching!
        >

        > On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
        >
        > > How are you supposed to answer this questions?
        > > Please correctly answer �Please Fill in the Blank: English _______ Forum
        > > (Hint: forum.state.gov)�.

        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • John Hibbs
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 5, 2012
          Vance is used to babysitting me, so this whine won't be new to him. Apologies.

          But, when I went to traceeffets.ning.com and tried to "sign in"
          http://traceeffects.ning.com/main/authorization/signUp?
          I could not "pass" the "test"

          Please Fill in the Blank: English _______ Forum (Hint: forum.state.gov)

          Then I could not pass the Google two-word "test" to repeat the images
          that were shown.

          After four or five times with each test, I then went through the
          password hoops.

          And, here I am, whining, whining, whining.

          P.S. Vance, you did mention Tribes to me...it's on my Wish List. One
          more unread book on my nightstand and the load will break the legs.

          snip snip

          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 5, 2012
            The missing word is Teaching (might be case sensitive)

            *V*

            --
            Vance Stevens
            http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
            http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

          • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 5, 2012
              Nina and Carla--
              I think the entry key word at the DoS Ning has to be capitalized: Teaching
              --Elizabeth

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

              > teaching!
              >

              > On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
              >
              > > How are you supposed to answer this questions?
              > > Please correctly answer "Please Fill in the Blank: English _______ Forum
              > > (Hint: forum.state.gov)".
            • Hala Fawzi
              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                Dear Webheads,
                I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa and Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                Hala.

                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                  Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,

                  Heartfelt congrats to you!! And all the best in new ventures that will
                  definitely come along. :-)

                  Beijinhos, Teresa

                • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                    Congratulations !!!

                    Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,

                    Best wishes!!! We are proud of your accomplishments!

                    {{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}

                    **

                    *Nina A.Lyulkun*

                    Khmelnitskiy National University <http://www.khnu.km.ua/root/default.htm>

                    Mobile: (+38)067 9334574
                    [image: Blogger] <http://tesol-ua.blogspot.com/> [image:
                    Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572760950> [image:
                    Google Plus] <https://plus.google.com/117218005724095778971> [image:
                    Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#%21/nagora> [image:
                    VKontakte]<http://vkontakte.ru/id17326732>
                    [image: Skype] nagora60

                    On 6 December 2012 20:14, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@...> wrote:

                    > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                    >
                    > Heartfelt congrats to you!! And all the best in new ventures that will
                    > definitely come along. :-)
                    >
                    > Beijinhos, Teresa

                  • Holly Dilatush
                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                      Woo-hoo!!!!!

                      Congratulations Drs. Costa and Lima!
                      Smiles from Virginia, USA,
                      Holly

                      On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > Dear Webheads,
                      > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa and
                      > Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                      > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                      > Hala.

                    • Aiden
                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                        I already said my 'congratulations' to Cris on FB, but worth repeating it here. I didnt know that ronaldo was doing his studies as well- a big hug and pat on the back to you Ronaldo for finishing the phd race. I'm very happy that you both passed the viva.

                        Well done!

                        Aiden
                        Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages
                        Twitter: motherchina
                        Skype: aidenyeh
                        Viber, Line, Tango: +886938392852

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On 2012/12/7, at 2:07, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

                        > Dear Webheads,
                        > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa and Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                        > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                        > Hala.

                      • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                          That's great news! Congrats to dear Cristina and Ronaldo!
                          Mary

                          On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
                          <teresadeca@...>wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                          >
                          > Heartfelt congrats to you!! And all the best in new ventures that will
                          > definitely come along. :-)
                          >
                          > Beijinhos, Teresa
                          >

                          > On 06-12-2012 18:07, Hala Fawzi wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Dear Webheads,
                          > > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa
                          > > and Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                          > > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                          > > Hala.

                        • Ronaldo Lima Jr
                          Message 12 of 24 , Dec 6, 2012
                            Thank you, guys, for the kind words, and congratulations again, Cristina!

                            This probably explains why I have been a little away from the virtual world for the past few (many, actually!) months, but I'm eager to resume my digital projects!

                            All the best from Brazil,

                            Ronaldo

                            On 06/12/2012, at 17:20, "nina.lyulkun@..." <nina.lyulkun@...> wrote:

                            > Congratulations !!!
                            >
                            > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                            >
                            > Best wishes!!! We are proud of your accomplishments!
                            >
                            > {{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}
                            >
                            > **
                            >
                            > *Nina A.Lyulkun*
                            >
                            > Khmelnitskiy National University <http://www.khnu.km.ua/root/default.htm>
                            >
                            > Mobile: (+38)067 9334574
                            > [image: Blogger] <http://tesol-ua.blogspot.com/> [image:
                            > Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572760950> [image:
                            > Google Plus] <https://plus.google.com/117218005724095778971> [image:
                            > Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#%21/nagora> [image:
                            > VKontakte]<http://vkontakte.ru/id17326732>
                            > [image: Skype] nagora60
                            >
                            > On 6 December 2012 20:14, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                            > >
                            > > Heartfelt congrats to you!! And all the best in new ventures that will
                            > > definitely come along. :-)
                            > >
                            > > Beijinhos, Teresa

                          • Squires, Robert
                            Message 13 of 24 , Dec 7, 2012
                              I'd like to add my congrats to Cristina and Ronaldo as well. Well done!

                              Robert

                              On 06/12/2012, at 17:20, "nina.lyulkun@...<mailto:nina.lyulkun%40gmail.com>" <nina.lyulkun@...<mailto:nina.lyulkun%40gmail.com>> wrote:

                              > Congratulations !!!
                              >
                              > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                              >
                              > Best wishes!!! We are proud of your accomplishments!
                              >
                              > {{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}
                              >
                              > **
                              >
                              > *Nina A.Lyulkun*
                              >
                              > Khmelnitskiy National University <http://www.khnu.km.ua/root/default.htm>
                              >
                              > Mobile: (+38)067 9334574
                              > [image: Blogger] <http://tesol-ua.blogspot.com/> [image:
                              > Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572760950> [image:
                              > Google Plus] <https://plus.google.com/117218005724095778971> [image:
                              > Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#%21/nagora> [image:
                              > VKontakte]<http://vkontakte.ru/id17326732>
                              > [image: Skype] nagora60
                              >
                              > On 6 December 2012 20:14, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@...<mailto:teresadeca%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                              >
                              > > Dear Cristina and Ronaldo,
                              > >
                              > > Heartfelt congrats to you!! And all the best in new ventures that will
                              > > definitely come along. :-)
                              > >
                              > > Beijinhos, Teresa

                            • Susana Canelo
                              Message 14 of 24 , Dec 7, 2012
                                I add myself to the celebration !! Two members of our family are PhD holders !!
                                Claps for both of them !

                                Hugs from Argentina

                                Susana

                                ________________________________
                                I already said my 'congratulations' to Cris on FB, but worth repeating it here. I didnt know that ronaldo was doing his studies as well- a big hug and pat on the back to you Ronaldo for finishing the phd race. I'm very happy that you both passed the viva.

                                Well done!

                                Aiden
                                Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages
                                Twitter: motherchina
                                Skype: aidenyeh
                                Viber, Line, Tango: +886938392852

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                On 2012/12/7, at 2:07, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

                                > Dear Webheads,
                                > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa and Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                                > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                                > Hala.

                              • Lawan Dalha
                                Message 15 of 24 , Dec 7, 2012
                                  Morning dear webheads,

                                  Congratulations to Dr Ronaldo and Dr Cristina for your new achievement. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

                                  Best
                                  Lawan

                                  Lawan Dalha

                                • Cora
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Dec 8, 2012
                                    Congratulations to Dr.Cristina Costa and Dr. Ronlado Lima!!!

                                    Cora :-)))

                                    --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

                                    > Dear Webheads,
                                    > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa and Dr. Ronlado Lima.
                                    > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                                    > Hala.

                                  • Nina Liakos
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Dec 8, 2012
                                      Warm congratulations to Ronaldo and Cristina! What an achievement!
                                      Nina in Maryland

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Dec 8, 2012
                                        Let me add one belated congratulations to doctors Cristina and Ronaldo

                                        and top that with an invitation to please join us on
                                        http://learning2gether.pbworks.com to discuss with us your research.

                                        Vance

                                        On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

                                        > **
                                        >

                                        > Warm congratulations to Ronaldo and Cristina! What an achievement!
                                        > Nina in Maryland
                                        >

                                        > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...>
                                        > wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Dear Webheads,
                                        > > I would like to congratulate two newly PhD holders: Dr. Cristina Costa
                                        > and Dr. Ronaldo Lima.
                                        >
                                        > > Well done, and hearty congratulations!
                                        > > Hala.

                                        > --
                                        Vance Stevens
                                        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
                                        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

                                      • Derya Kulavuz-Onal
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Dec 9, 2012
                                          Woohooo! That's wonderful news!! Congratulations, Dr. Costa and Dr. Lima!

                                          Derya Kulavuz-Onal
                                          Doctoral Candidate, SLAIT
                                          Grad. TA, WLE / ESOL Education
                                          University of South Florida
                                          33620, Tampa, FL

                                        • Maryanne
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Dec 11, 2012
                                            Congratulations to Cristina and Ronaldo for their daunting accomplishment.