Re: Plz help me to find some software for making Multi-media lessons for Mobile phones

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
      Hey Vance,

      Thanks for your post at
      http://toolkit4learning.blogspot.com/2012/11/online-tools-for-creating-engaging.html
      I really enjoyed playing with Socrative last week. I had never heard of it before.

      And I also noted that the free version of ProProfs only handles 10 sets of student data, and I should have included that in my review. It's a serious drawback.

      This morning, just before reading your message in the digest, I "broke down" and actually purchased this quiz-maker, going against all my "open source" sentiments.

      Now if I just had the time to work with it a lot more often, I'd feel like I made the right decision.

      Mike

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
        You're doing great work Mike, we need to have you on
        http://learning2gether.pbworks.com for another chat one day soon.

        I bought LearnClick listed in the blog link below. It keeps records on
        student use but costs only $20 a year. No idea how it does in a mobile
        environment, one of your prime considerations.

        I have nothing against people charging for their products, but it makes it
        inconvenient to use in schools sometimes, so it's good to be aware of the
        considerations.

        Vance

        On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Mike <marzio-school@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hey Vance,
        >
        > Thanks for your post at
        >
        > http://toolkit4learning.blogspot.com/2012/11/online-tools-for-creating-engaging.html
        > I really enjoyed playing with Socrative last week. I had never heard of it
        > before.
        >

        > Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • Nicky
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
          Hi Morteza,

          I've just finished writing an article on a similar topic - you could take a look at some of the apps I mention in that, with which you (or students) can create mobile activities using a variety of media:

          Ko-Su (https://ko-su.com/): provides templates for teachers to create their own mobile-based activities using combinations of text, images and/or audio.

          Quizlet (http://quizlet.com/): create vocabulary flashcards for mobile devices.

          SCVNGR (http://www.scvngr.com/): create location-based quizzes or 'challenges'

          GameSalad (http://gamesalad.com/): create mobile games

          Magmito (http://www. magmito.com/): create multi-media quizzes and questionnaires

          Hope this helps,
          Nicky

          Nicky Hockly
          Director of Pedagogy
          The Consultants-E

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2012
            Thanks Vance,

            The only reason I don't participate more often is that I feel like I'm constantly behind in my work, and I'm frankly manic about getting my web work done.

            But I miss you all and just noted the dates posted here:
            http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevent
            so see you soon!

            "Learning 2gether
            Upcoming Presentations:

            Next upcoming events
            Sunday, December 2, 2012 - Nellie Deutsch on Mindful Living with Technology
            Sunday, December 9, 2012 - Derya Kulavuz-Onal
            Sunday, December 16, 2012 - Jozef Colpaert
            Sunday, December 23, 2012 (available)
            Sunday, December 30, 2012 (available)
            Sunday, February 24 2013 - Heike Philp - Web conferences for Continuous Professional Development"

            Mike
            http://www.real-english.com/new-lessons.asp

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2012
              Hi Nicky -

              There are a lot more MOBILE activity- and quiz- makers than I had thought. Thanks for this list!

              Mike

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Nicky" <nickyhockly@...> wrote:

              > Hi Morteza,
              >
              > I've just finished writing an article on a similar topic - you could take a look at some of the apps I mention in that, with which you (or students) can create mobile activities using a variety of media:
              >
              > Ko-Su (https://ko-su.com/): provides templates for teachers to create their own mobile-based activities using combinations of text, images and/or audio.
              >
              > Quizlet (http://quizlet.com/): create vocabulary flashcards for mobile devices.
              >
              > SCVNGR (http://www.scvngr.com/): create location-based quizzes or 'challenges'
              >
              > GameSalad (http://gamesalad.com/): create mobile games
              >
              > Magmito (http://www. magmito.com/): create multi-media quizzes and questionnaires
              >

              > Hope this helps,
              > Nicky
              >
              > Nicky Hockly
              > Director of Pedagogy
              > The Consultants-E
              >
              > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, morteza barin <mbarin623@> wrote:
              > >
              > > �Hi Dear All webheads, i wish you and family all are well.Ministry of education of us has asked the teachers and students who are interested in making Muli media lessons for Mobile phones to work on it.i'd like to get some info about these tools such as ebooks or something about photo text and audio and video tools to use them for making e lessons..eagerly to hear from you .yours sincerely.Morteza

            • morteza barin
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 3, 2012
                Hi Dear Mike,Thank you so much for reply.Your link was very helpful and i downloaded the free version of it and tested it on win xp in my pc. Best wishes.