Re: EVO 2013

  • Maryanne
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2012
      Thanks, Carla

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
        Dear Carlinha,

        Have the EVO sessions been made public yet? If not, could I change
        something in the Syllabus? Not our fault.

        We found out a couple of days ago, when inviting BJ to give us a tour of
        TappedIn, that it is no longer accepting members (since last August).

        On the other hand, BJ retired from TI after 14 years. What a fabulous
        job she did! :-)

        So, if possible, we'd like to remove the tour of TI from the week 1
        description in the Syllabus.

        Hope to hear from you. TIA.

        Beijinhos, Teresa

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
          This is interesting information, Teresa. I wasn't aware that TI was going
          through changes. This sounds like a retrenchment :-(

          When are you having your BJ tour? I'd like to attend if convenient.

          Vance

          --
          Vance Stevens
          http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
            Hi Vance!

            We aren't going to have a TI tour because BJ retired from TI and they
            aren't accepting any new members. So there's no point in showing something
            participants can't join.

            BTW, I got the info about no new memberships since last August in the TI
            homepage.

            My message below wasn't meant for WiA, and I'm sorry, but now I'm glad you
            got this info.

            Hugs, Teresa

            --
            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
              Hi,

              I'm glad you obliquely informed the webheads list because TI has been a
              fixture for so long. We should point out that membership there is not
              required for interaction. People can still go in as guests and there's
              hardly any difference. But I found what it says at the site

              As of late August, 2012, new member registration has been disabled due to
              issues with the stability of our server. If you're looking for an online
              place to host a new online class, consider edmodo <http://edmodo.com/>.

              I'm at Tapped In now, getting ready to Hangout with Jeff Lebow, and then at
              1500 gmt - Derya Kulavuz-Onal - Developing Technology-Infused
              Culture-Teaching Materials for ESL

              Hope you can join us,

              Vance

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
                Thanks for the reminder, Vance. But this is always the time of day on
                Sundays when I'm at my parents' to give them lunch and help out with
                anything else.

                --
                Sent from my iPhone