EVO 2013

  • Maryanne
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2012
      Could someone please give me a link to the sessions to be offered in the Electronic Village Online this year? I would like to make my own students aware of the offerings before the end of the semester.

      Thanks.

      Maryanne
    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 26, 2012
        Dear Maryanne,

        In the beginning of December we�ll have the line-up of the wonderful EVO
        2013 sessions, and we�ll let you know, OK?

        Stay tuned! It will be available at http://evosessions.pbworks.com

        Beijos from Brasilia,
        Carla

        On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Maryanne <maryanneburgos@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Could someone please give me a link to the sessions to be offered in the
        > Electronic Village Online this year? I would like to make my own students
        > aware of the offerings before the end of the semester.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Maryanne

      • Maryanne
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 26, 2012
          Thanks, Carla

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
            Dear Carlinha,

            Have the EVO sessions been made public yet? If not, could I change
            something in the Syllabus? Not our fault.

            We found out a couple of days ago, when inviting BJ to give us a tour of
            TappedIn, that it is no longer accepting members (since last August).

            On the other hand, BJ retired from TI after 14 years. What a fabulous
            job she did! :-)

            So, if possible, we'd like to remove the tour of TI from the week 1
            description in the Syllabus.

            Hope to hear from you. TIA.

            Beijinhos, Teresa

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
              This is interesting information, Teresa. I wasn't aware that TI was going
              through changes. This sounds like a retrenchment :-(

              When are you having your BJ tour? I'd like to attend if convenient.

              Vance

              --
              Vance Stevens
              http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
                Hi Vance!

                We aren't going to have a TI tour because BJ retired from TI and they
                aren't accepting any new members. So there's no point in showing something
                participants can't join.

                BTW, I got the info about no new memberships since last August in the TI
                homepage.

                My message below wasn't meant for WiA, and I'm sorry, but now I'm glad you
                got this info.

                Hugs, Teresa

                --
                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
                  Hi,

                  I'm glad you obliquely informed the webheads list because TI has been a
                  fixture for so long. We should point out that membership there is not
                  required for interaction. People can still go in as guests and there's
                  hardly any difference. But I found what it says at the site

                  As of late August, 2012, new member registration has been disabled due to
                  issues with the stability of our server. If you're looking for an online
                  place to host a new online class, consider edmodo <http://edmodo.com/>.

                  I'm at Tapped In now, getting ready to Hangout with Jeff Lebow, and then at
                  1500 gmt - Derya Kulavuz-Onal - Developing Technology-Infused
                  Culture-Teaching Materials for ESL

                  Hope you can join us,

                  Vance

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
                    Thanks for the reminder, Vance. But this is always the time of day on
                    Sundays when I'm at my parents' to give them lunch and help out with
                    anything else.

                    --
                    Sent from my iPhone