info on tools for creating multi-media based e lessons for Mobile phones

  • morteza barin
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 26, 2012
      Dear Robert,I'm Morteza Barin one of the webheadsinaction members need some info about multi-media lessons for creating e lessons for mobile phones.I'll be very happy if you and others members to help me to find more info about it.All the best.Morteza Barin

    • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 26, 2012
        Hi Morteza,

        This is what I've found in my Diigo library:
        http://www.educause.edu/ero/article/are-you-ready-mobile-learning
        http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/blogs/rob-lewis/ten-ideas-mobile-learning
        http://mobilestudy.org/home/

        I also suggest you look at the thread "Authoring tools for supplementary
        language activities" in this group. There are loads of great ideas there.
        Not sure about this, but I think some of them might lend themselves to
        mobile learning.

        Best,
        Mary

        On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM, morteza barin <mbarin623@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Dear Robert,I'm Morteza Barin one of the webheadsinaction members need
        > some info about multi-media lessons for creating e lessons for mobile
        > phones.I'll be very happy if you and others members to help me to find more
        > info about it.All the best.Morteza Barin

      • Maryanne
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 26, 2012
          Hi Robert,
          Thanks for the information on creating e-books, but I am more interested
          in online strategy games for language learning, particularly in foreign
          languages. There are very few if any strategy/serious games made
          specifically for language learning due to the complexities involved as
          outlined in 10 Key Principles for Designing Video Games for Foreign
          Language Learning
          <http://lingualgames.wordpress.com/article/10-key-principles-for-designi\
          ng-video-27mkxqba7b13d-2/> , but some strategy games made simply for
          entertainment and available in languages other than English can be used
          as supplemental material for L2 learning. Those are the types of games
          I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
          Maryanne

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Squires, Robert"
          <robert.squires@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Maryanne,
          >
          > That's very helpful. Vance is doing a great job of pulling these
          resources together for further exploration. One area that there is some
          interest in is developing an app or interactive ibook, which might serve
          a more strategic need. Ibook's, in spite of their seemingly simple
          interface, are not that easy to work with. (They were created in order
          to convert an existing book into an iBook, so unless you have all of
          your content clearly laid out before you begin, you quickly run into
          organizational difficulties. Interactive media is also difficult to make
          work-and, of course, the books only work on Apple devices). A more
          promising approach is the use of Corona SDK to develop a cross-platform
          e-book application:
          http://www.coronalabs.com/i-want-to-build/ebooks-comics/ . There's some
          additional plugins that allow you to work directly in Adobe Creative
          Suite to create your images, animations, and you can preview the whole
          book on various devices as you progress. It's still a fair amount of
          work, but at least you get a product of maximum value.