Time again for Learning2gether

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      First of all, thanks very much to Claire Bradin Siskin who gave us a
      wrap-up of the ESL WOW project she has been working on the past few years
      with Carla Meskill and others. WOW stands for Writing Online Workshop, and
      it's a set of tutorials directed at ESL student writers available to all at
      http://esl-wrw.org The presentation wasn't recorded, but it was archived at
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/claire-bradin-siskin-whats-with-the-wow

      Claire uploaded her slides here
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/file/61192995/whats_with_the_wow_11-18-12.ppt

      Later today (it's early morning where I am, Sunday, November 25, 2012)
      Heike Philp will show us Machinima in the ELT classroom and how to trigger
      your student's imagination
      Time: 1pm GMT
      Your timezone: http://tinyurl.com/25Nov1pmGMT
      Virtual location: http://lancelot.adobeconnect.com/sl

      A machinima is a video taken in a 3D environment or in our case on
      EduNation in Second Life. These lean productions are being produced by
      screen recording one's desktop. No camera equipment is needed, no actors
      and filming is not hampered by weather. They provide a rich multi-media
      resource for our learners, when using empty speaking bubbles as prompts. In
      this case it is immaterial whether text chat or voice chat fills the gaps,
      as it is the imagination of our learners, which is being kindled. How easy
      is it to create such recordings? This is the theme of this talk during
      which Heike Philp will relate the ins and outs of creating machinima. She
      will also introduce an idea for an EU funded project CAMELOT.

      You can attend this event in Second Life or in Adobe, at the link above. I
      will try to get online at http://tappedin.org at around noon GMT, and be
      there and in Adobe to help people enter the session.

      You can find out more about this and other upcoming Sunday events at
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded

      Hope to see you online,

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

    • Nina Liakos
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 25, 2012
        I am so disappointed to have overslept this morning and missed it! That's because I stayed up late updating my SL viewer and trying to remembering how to ambulate there. I will try to make the next one.
        Nina

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 25, 2012
          Hi Nina,

          Ironically we didn't go anywhere near SL for Heike's presentation. We have
          certainly had some inspiring presentations lately, and Heike showed us the
          Machinima films participants produced in the 2012 Machinima EVO session.

          The session was recorded in Adobe and you can replay it via the link here:
          http://learning2gether.posterous.com/heike-philp-machinima-in-the-elt-classroom-an

          At the bottom of that page there is a link to the machinimas Heike showed
          us. This is a page in the Machinima session that will be repeated this
          year at http://machinEVO.pbworks.com

          Next Sunday Nellie Deutsch will lead a discussion on Mindful Living with
          Technology. Should be interesting, and hope to see you there,

          Vance

          p.s. Nina, hope you enjoyed the movies :-)

          http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        • Vance
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2012
            Hi everyone,

            Regarding the part of my message snipped below, where I had mentioned Nellie's Learning2gether session today ...

            It was originally scheduled for 1300 GMT but something urgent came up at Nellie's school and she has rescheduled to 18:00 GMT today. Find here the time where you are: http://tinyurl.com/2012dec02gmt1800

            There is more information here:
            http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SundayDecember22012NellieDeutschonMindfulLivingwithTechnology

            I hope with the time change that those who don't normally join us will have an opportunity to do so today.

            best,

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012
              Hi again,

              We've been enjoying a long national day weekend in UAE which has warped our
              weekend getaways through Sunday this week. Consequently, I informed Nellie
              that I would most likely not be back in Abu Dhabi for her event on Mindful
              Living with Technology.

              Ironically, I DID get back in time and like Nina I was scrambling to find
              the event. When we went there it said it didn't start for 4 hours, and
              about that time we got Nellie's notice of postponement.

              I wasn't able to make the later time, but when I got up this morning I
              played the recording, made a screen shot, and linked to the reference she
              used.

              You can find all that, including recording link, here:
              http://learning2gether.posterous.com/nellie-deutsch-on-mindful-living-with-technol

              Tomorrow Tues there is an interesting event around Trace Effects. I'll
              write another post about it.

              And don't forget next Sunday, December 9, 2012 we have Derya Kulavuz-Onal,
              Teaching culture-integrated ESL, on Learning2gether

              Time and place not yet specified, but we'll let you know more on this list,
              and you can find the latest information here:
              http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SundayDecember92012nbspDeryaKulavuzOnalTeachingnbspcultureintegratedESL

              Vance

              On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Vance <vancestev@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > Regarding the part of my message snipped below, where I had mentioned
              > Nellie's Learning2gether session today ...
              >
              > It was originally scheduled for 1300 GMT but something urgent came up at
              > Nellie's school and she has rescheduled to 18:00 GMT today. Find here the
              > time where you are: http://tinyurl.com/2012dec02gmt1800
              >
              > There is more information here:
              >
              > http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SundayDecember22012NellieDeutschonMindfulLivingwithTechnology
              >
              > I hope with the time change that those who don't normally join us will
              > have an opportunity to do so today.
              >
              > best,
              > Vance
              >
              > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Vance Stevens <vancestev@...>
              > wrote:
              > >

              > > Next Sunday Nellie Deutsch will lead a discussion on Mindful Living with
              > > Technology. Should be interesting, and hope to see you there,

              --
              Vance Stevens
              http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
              http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

            • c chee
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012
                thanx for the update.

                Listen to the quiet thunder and remember.
                Peace starts with communication.

                Chee,   www.realteachers.org  www.voicelearning.com
                email: bchee@...