Plz help me to find some software for making Multi-media lessons for Mobile phones

  • morteza barin
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 21, 2012
       Hi Dear All webheads, i wish you and family all are well.Ministry of education of us has asked the teachers and students who are interested in making Muli media lessons for Mobile phones to work on it.i'd like to get some info about these tools such as ebooks or something about photo text and audio and video tools to use them for making e lessons..eagerly to hear from you .yours sincerely.Morteza

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 28, 2012
        Hi Morteza,

        I thought that at least 2 people had replied to this post about interactive software (exercises or quizzes) for mobile devices, but I don't see replies in your thread now.

        I just wanted to say that this happens to be my current project of the moment, and that I decided to use a program called ProProfs - after trying out 2 others.

        The choice is quite limited when your target platforms include smartphones & tablets. I wrote a review about pro-profs here:
        http://bit.ly/ProProf

        The free version has all the important features included in the subscription version ($20 per month for the least-expensive option). The free version is fine if you can accept the author's "branding pictures" which appear after a student finishes a quiz.

        Since writing my review, and testing on an iPhone, I have discovered a bug: when the user finishes the first question in a quiz, one seems to jump out of the quiz to a point on the phone screen just below the quiz, which will surely be confusing for students. I wrote to the author this morning pointing out the problem. Otherwise it's quite good!

        Happy hunting and please let me know if you find anything similar, especially if you prefer a different quiz-maker!

        Mike

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 28, 2012
          Thanks for the update Mike,

          I tried ProProfs and a number of other software tools recommended on the
          thread that Robert Squires started (maybe that's the one you were thinking
          about )

          I've been blogging those recommendations here
          http://toolkit4learning.blogspot.com/2012/11/online-tools-for-creating-engaging.html

          I've run into a problem in the free version of ProProfs when collecting
          data from students. It only saves the first ten items of data and then it
          emails you asking if you'd like to upgrade. My instinct was to go and
          delete the unneeded data, but I discovered that deleting the data they had
          already collected is not a feature allowed in the free version, and the
          upgrade is $20 a month.

          So this site is useful for free if you want to make activities where you do
          not need feedback from your students. I have found it to be a good site
          for creating lessons.

          Thanks for the continued discussions,

          Vance

          On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Mike <marzio-school@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi Morteza,
          >
          > I thought that at least 2 people had replied to this post about
          > interactive software (exercises or quizzes) for mobile devices, but I don't
          > see replies in your thread now.
          >
          > I just wanted to say that this happens to be my current project of the
          > moment, and that I decided to use a program called ProProfs - after trying
          > out 2 others.
          >
          > The choice is quite limited when your target platforms include smartphones
          > & tablets. I wrote a review about pro-profs here:
          > http://bit.ly/ProProf
          >
          > The free version has all the important features included in the
          > subscription version ($20 per month for the least-expensive option). The
          > free version is fine if you can accept the author's "branding pictures"
          > which appear after a student finishes a quiz.
          >
          > Since writing my review, and testing on an iPhone, I have discovered a
          > bug: when the user finishes the first question in a quiz, one seems to jump
          > out of the quiz to a point on the phone screen just below the quiz, which
          > will surely be confusing for students. I wrote to the author this morning
          > pointing out the problem. Otherwise it's quite good!
          >
          > Happy hunting and please let me know if you find anything similar,
          > especially if you prefer a different quiz-maker!
          >
          > Mike
          >
          > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, morteza barin <mbarin623@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > ���Hi Dear All webheads, i wish you and family all are well.Ministry of
          > education of us has asked the teachers and students who are interested in
          > making Muli media lessons for Mobile phones to work on it.i'd like to get
          > some info about these tools such as ebooks or something about photo text
          > and audio and video tools to use them for making e lessons..eagerly to hear
          > from you .yours sincerely.Morteza

          Vance Stevens
          http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
          http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
            Hey Vance,

            Thanks for your post at
            http://toolkit4learning.blogspot.com/2012/11/online-tools-for-creating-engaging.html
            I really enjoyed playing with Socrative last week. I had never heard of it before.

            And I also noted that the free version of ProProfs only handles 10 sets of student data, and I should have included that in my review. It's a serious drawback.

            This morning, just before reading your message in the digest, I "broke down" and actually purchased this quiz-maker, going against all my "open source" sentiments.

            Now if I just had the time to work with it a lot more often, I'd feel like I made the right decision.

            Mike

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
              You're doing great work Mike, we need to have you on
              http://learning2gether.pbworks.com for another chat one day soon.

              I bought LearnClick listed in the blog link below. It keeps records on
              student use but costs only $20 a year. No idea how it does in a mobile
              environment, one of your prime considerations.

              I have nothing against people charging for their products, but it makes it
              inconvenient to use in schools sometimes, so it's good to be aware of the
              considerations.

              Vance

              On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Mike <marzio-school@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Hey Vance,
              >
              > Thanks for your post at
              >
              > http://toolkit4learning.blogspot.com/2012/11/online-tools-for-creating-engaging.html
              > I really enjoyed playing with Socrative last week. I had never heard of it
              > before.
              >

              > Vance Stevens
              http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
              http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

            • Nicky
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
                Hi Morteza,

                I've just finished writing an article on a similar topic - you could take a look at some of the apps I mention in that, with which you (or students) can create mobile activities using a variety of media:

                Ko-Su (https://ko-su.com/): provides templates for teachers to create their own mobile-based activities using combinations of text, images and/or audio.

                Quizlet (http://quizlet.com/): create vocabulary flashcards for mobile devices.

                SCVNGR (http://www.scvngr.com/): create location-based quizzes or 'challenges'

                GameSalad (http://gamesalad.com/): create mobile games

                Magmito (http://www. magmito.com/): create multi-media quizzes and questionnaires

                Hope this helps,
                Nicky

                Nicky Hockly
                Director of Pedagogy
                The Consultants-E

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 30, 2012
                  Thanks Vance,

                  The only reason I don't participate more often is that I feel like I'm constantly behind in my work, and I'm frankly manic about getting my web work done.

                  But I miss you all and just noted the dates posted here:
                  http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevent
                  so see you soon!

                  "Learning 2gether
                  Upcoming Presentations:

                  Next upcoming events
                  Sunday, December 2, 2012 - Nellie Deutsch on Mindful Living with Technology
                  Sunday, December 9, 2012 - Derya Kulavuz-Onal
                  Sunday, December 16, 2012 - Jozef Colpaert
                  Sunday, December 23, 2012 (available)
                  Sunday, December 30, 2012 (available)
                  Sunday, February 24 2013 - Heike Philp - Web conferences for Continuous Professional Development"

                  Mike
                  http://www.real-english.com/new-lessons.asp

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 30, 2012
                    Hi Nicky -

                    There are a lot more MOBILE activity- and quiz- makers than I had thought. Thanks for this list!

                    Mike

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 3, 2012
                      Hi Dear Mike,Thank you so much for reply.Your link was very helpful and i downloaded the free version of it and tested it on win xp in my pc. Best wishes.