Another Research on Lurking in Online Communities

  • beyzaylmaz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2012
      Dear Webheads,

      My name is Beyza Yilmaz and I have been a member of this lovely community for five years. As some of you might remember, I conducted research on Webheads to gather data for my MA thesis entitled " Beliefs of an Online Community of Practice on The Effects of Membership on Professional Development" which investigated beliefs of the members of Webheads in Action towards the role of the community in their professional development. While gathering data, I realized that many members mentioned learning from lurking in their comments which has amazed me a lot.

      Based on the findings of this research, I decided to analyze some aspects of lurking and conduct research on it by gathering qualitative data. Therefore, there is a need for me to find volunteers to participate in this study. What I am going to to do is to ask all the participants to complete a survey including only one section including six open ended questions. The data to be gathered is going to be confidential and I guarantee that I will not use it for other purposes.

      Therefore, I am looking for the help of volunteer Webheads. If it is ok with you, can you go to the link below and answer the questions there?

      http://tinyurl.com/aukae8h

      Thanks in advance.

      Sincerely,

      Beyza Yilmaz