Learning2gether events last Sunday and tomorrow

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      I have been working off and on all weekend on blogging and podcasting what
      turned out to be 4 presentations in a double header event last Sunday. I
      am VERY grateful to Peggy George who has been making it a habit to render
      the MP3 files for me of our Elluminate sessions and GE.TT them over to me.
      Although it's Bb Collaborate now, Elluminate Publish is still the tool
      that teases out the mp3s. It's a free download but it seems only to work on
      Apple computers these days, so Peggy's help saves me a lot of trouble
      (otherwise my wife brings an Apple home from school). And THIS last week,
      Peggy even took the long Elluminate recording of the BrazTESOL event and
      broke that out into three parts, which is what you find when you visit the
      podcast here:
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/braztesol-bsbgo-online-event-first-up-in-a-su

      So thanks to Peggy for that. And last week she was part of the event with
      Wesley Fryer and Susan Van Gelder which met to debrief the K12 Online
      conference just ended (and of course she sent me the mp3 recording and
      transcript) which you can find podcast here:
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/k12-online-conference-debrief-game-2-in-a-spe

      Tomorrow Sunday Nov 11 at 15:00 GMT we have Jonathan Finkelstein joining us
      from Learning Times, the company that provides us with our Webheads meeting
      room at
      http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/

      Jonathan will be talking about the LT product BadgeStack. Badge's have
      become a hot topic, soon perhaps to be a revolution, in assessment. It
      will be interesting to see how Jonathan and LT envisage this new endeavor
      vis a vis other entities developing the use of badges, such as the Khan
      Academy and the Mozilla Open Badges project. The topic is vitally timely
      as educators are starting to seriously re-think the whole notion of
      schooling an how to asses what individuals achieve there.

      This will take place in the Webheads room, 15:00 GMT. Hope to see many of
      you there,

      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
      http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2012
        Hi everyone,

        If you missed Jonathan last night (for me) the recording is well worth
        watching. Jonathan took us through our childhoods with scouting badges and
        brought us up to date with an interface that can trigger badges in a
        community, even invisible ones. Say what!?

        Curious? I just tweeted

        Excellent presentation on badges recorded by Jonathan Finkelstein of
        LearningTimes for
        #*learning2gether*<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23learning2gether&src=hash>
        http://tinyurl.com/2012nov11badges
        <http://t.co/PzVOBFHR>#*webheads*<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23webheads&src=hash>

        Vance

        On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Vance Stevens <vancestev@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I have been working off and on all weekend on blogging and podcasting what
        > turned out to be 4 presentations in a double header event last Sunday. I
        > am VERY grateful to Peggy George who has been making it a habit to render
        > the MP3 files for me of our Elluminate sessions and GE.TT them over to
        > me. Although it's Bb Collaborate now, Elluminate Publish is still the tool
        > that teases out the mp3s. It's a free download but it seems only to work on
        > Apple computers these days, so Peggy's help saves me a lot of trouble
        > (otherwise my wife brings an Apple home from school). And THIS last week,
        > Peggy even took the long Elluminate recording of the BrazTESOL event and
        > broke that out into three parts, which is what you find when you visit the
        > podcast here:
        >
        > http://learning2gether.posterous.com/braztesol-bsbgo-online-event-first-up-in-a-su
        >
        > So thanks to Peggy for that. And last week she was part of the event with
        > Wesley Fryer and Susan Van Gelder which met to debrief the K12 Online
        > conference just ended (and of course she sent me the mp3 recording and
        > transcript) which you can find podcast here:
        >
        > http://learning2gether.posterous.com/k12-online-conference-debrief-game-2-in-a-spe
        >
        > Tomorrow Sunday Nov 11 at 15:00 GMT we have Jonathan Finkelstein joining
        > us from Learning Times, the company that provides us with our Webheads
        > meeting room at
        > http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/
        >
        > Jonathan will be talking about the LT product BadgeStack. Badge's have
        > become a hot topic, soon perhaps to be a revolution, in assessment. It
        > will be interesting to see how Jonathan and LT envisage this new endeavor
        > vis a vis other entities developing the use of badges, such as the Khan
        > Academy and the Mozilla Open Badges project. The topic is vitally timely
        > as educators are starting to seriously re-think the whole notion of
        > schooling an how to asses what individuals achieve there.
        >
        > This will take place in the Webheads room, 15:00 GMT. Hope to see many of
        > you there,
        >
        > Vance
        >
        > --
        > Vance Stevens
        > http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        > http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        --
        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • Vance
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2012

          > Hi everyone,
          I again,

          Bobbi brought the Apple home and we Published the Elluminate recording and I podcast it and Scooped it. You can play the recording right from the scoop.it link
          http://www.scoop.it/t/learning2gether/p/3303043701/jonathan-finkelstein-walks-us-through-learningtimes-badgestack

          or you can download the MP3 from the podcast site:
          http://learning2gether.posterous.com/jonathan-finkelstein-walks-us-through-learnin

          enjoy,
          Vance