Wes Fryer's ebook

    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 5, 2012
      Hi Vance!

      Wes Fryer's video was very useful and the download to my iPhone was
      seamless.

      Thanks for letting us know.

      BTW, in the form wwe fill in with our name and email, I wrote "Webheads
      in Action" under company (or whatever). :-)

      Are you willing to share his email so I can thank him personally?

      Looking forward to start reading the book this evening.

      Hugs, Teresa

      On 05-11-2012 1:21, Vance Stevens wrote:
      > < snip >
      > Wesley Fryer has a new book out called playing with media. I've got a copy
      > on my Kindle now but I mentioned to him in the chat that I often listened
      > to his podcasts and often just missed where he would offer the book at
      > special discounts for very limited time to podcast listeners.
      >
      > This prompted him to make a similar offer to webheads. If you will act
      > right away, he will let you have his book for FREE. You proceed as if
      > buying the book but put the code 'webheads' in the shopping cart, and this
      > will zero your cart balance and allow you to download the book for free.
      > But only for two days starting before I fell asleep last night.
      >
      > Here are the details from Wes:
      >
      > The following help page explains how people can download it for iPad,
      > Kindle or Nook:
      > http://www.speedofcreativity.org/ebooks/help/
      >
      > To use the code, people should click the ADD TO CART button below the ebook
      > version they want INSTEAD of clicking to buy it on Amazon or B&N:
      > http://playingwithmedia.com/pages/about
      >
      > I've set this 100% discount code to be available through midnight CST on
      > November 6th.
      >
      > Thanks Wes for sharing with us, including your generous offer,
      >
      > Vance
    • Aiden
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 5, 2012
        Got the free book, too. I also used webheads in action as company name. Left my number too.

        Please say thanks- on second thought i will just send him a tweet.

        But still thank him just the same for his generosity.

        Aiden

        Aiden Yeh, PhD
        Assistant Professor
        Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages
        Twitter: motherchina
        Skype: aidenyeh
        Viber, Line, Tango: +886938392852

        Sent from my iPhone

      • Nina Liakos
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 5, 2012
          I would like to take advantage of Wes Fryer's kind offer, but every time I go to his website (eBook/help) it crashes my computer. I have a Nook, not a Kindle, and although I found the book easily, there is no opportunity to put in any kind of code between "Buy now" and "Confirm", and "confirm" would mean paying $9.99... which isn't much, but I would like to avoid paying it if possible. Any ideas?

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@...> wrote:

          > Hi Vance!
          >
          > Wes Fryer's video was very useful and the download to my iPhone was
          > seamless.
          >
          > Thanks for letting us know.
          >
          > BTW, in the form wwe fill in with our name and email, I wrote "Webheads
          > in Action" under company (or whatever). :-)
          >
          > Are you willing to share his email so I can thank him personally?
          >
          > Looking forward to start reading the book this evening.
          >
          > Hugs, Teresa
          >

          > On 05-11-2012 1:21, Vance Stevens wrote:
          > > < snip >
          > > Wesley Fryer has a new book out called playing with media. I've got a copy
          > > on my Kindle now but I mentioned to him in the chat that I often listened
          > > to his podcasts and often just missed where he would offer the book at
          > > special discounts for very limited time to podcast listeners.
          > >
          > > This prompted him to make a similar offer to webheads. If you will act
          > > right away, he will let you have his book for FREE. You proceed as if
          > > buying the book but put the code 'webheads' in the shopping cart, and this
          > > will zero your cart balance and allow you to download the book for free.
          > > But only for two days starting before I fell asleep last night.
          > >
          > > Here are the details from Wes:
          > >
          > > The following help page explains how people can download it for iPad,
          > > Kindle or Nook:
          > > http://www.speedofcreativity.org/ebooks/help/
          > >
          > > To use the code, people should click the ADD TO CART button below the ebook
          > > version they want INSTEAD of clicking to buy it on Amazon or B&N:
          > > http://playingwithmedia.com/pages/about
          > >
          > > I've set this 100% discount code to be available through midnight CST on
          > > November 6th.
          > >
          > > Thanks Wes for sharing with us, including your generous offer,
          > >
          > > Vance

        • Aiden
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 5, 2012
            Try this
            http://playingwithmedia.com/pages/about

            Or this

            http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Playing-with-Media/Wesley-Fryer/e/2940013131439

            Aiden

            On 2012/11/6, at 7:20, "Nina Liakos" <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

            > I would like to take advantage of Wes Fryer's kind offer, but every time I go to his website (eBook/help) it crashes my computer. I have a Nook, not a Kindle, and although I found the book easily, there is no opportunity to put in any kind of code between "Buy now" and "Confirm", and "confirm" would mean paying $9.99... which isn't much, but I would like to avoid paying it if possible. Any ideas?
            >
            > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Hi Vance!
            > >
            > > Wes Fryer's video was very useful and the download to my iPhone was
            > > seamless.
            > >
            > > Thanks for letting us know.
            > >
            > > BTW, in the form wwe fill in with our name and email, I wrote "Webheads
            > > in Action" under company (or whatever). :-)
            > >
            > > Are you willing to share his email so I can thank him personally?
            > >
            > > Looking forward to start reading the book this evening.
            > >
            > > Hugs, Teresa
            > >

            > > On 05-11-2012 1:21, Vance Stevens wrote:
            > > > < snip >
            > > > Wesley Fryer has a new book out called playing with media. I've got a copy
            > > > on my Kindle now but I mentioned to him in the chat that I often listened
            > > > to his podcasts and often just missed where he would offer the book at
            > > > special discounts for very limited time to podcast listeners.
            > > >
            > > > This prompted him to make a similar offer to webheads. If you will act
            > > > right away, he will let you have his book for FREE. You proceed as if
            > > > buying the book but put the code 'webheads' in the shopping cart, and this
            > > > will zero your cart balance and allow you to download the book for free.
            > > > But only for two days starting before I fell asleep last night.
            > > >
            > > > Here are the details from Wes:
            > > >
            > > > The following help page explains how people can download it for iPad,
            > > > Kindle or Nook:
            > > > http://www.speedofcreativity.org/ebooks/help/
            > > >
            > > > To use the code, people should click the ADD TO CART button below the ebook
            > > > version they want INSTEAD of clicking to buy it on Amazon or B&N:
            > > > http://playingwithmedia.com/pages/about
            > > >
            > > > I've set this 100% discount code to be available through midnight CST on
            > > > November 6th.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks Wes for sharing with us, including your generous offer,
            > > >
            > > > Vance

          • Nina Liakos
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 5, 2012
              I tried but before I knew what was happened my credit card had been charged! :-(
              I contacted text chat support and she knew nothing of this offer. She suggested I try voice support tomorrow.
              Are we sure Wes meant the offer to be valid for Nook as well as Kindle?

              Nina

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Aiden <aidenyeh@...> wrote:

              > Try this
              > http://playingwithmedia.com/pages/about
              >
              > Or this
              >
              > http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Playing-with-Media/Wesley-Fryer/e/2940013131439
              >

              > Aiden
              > Twitter: motherchina
              > Skype: aidenyeh
              > Viber, Line, Tango: +886938392852
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On 2012/11/6, at 7:20, "Nina Liakos" <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I would like to take advantage of Wes Fryer's kind offer, but every time I go to his website (eBook/help) it crashes my computer. I have a Nook, not a Kindle, and although I found the book easily, there is no opportunity to put in any kind of code between "Buy now" and "Confirm", and "confirm" would mean paying $9.99... which isn't much, but I would like to avoid paying it if possible. Any ideas?
              > >
              > > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@> wrote:
              > > >

              > > > Hi Vance!
              > > >
              > > > Wes Fryer's video was very useful and the download to my iPhone was
              > > > seamless.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks for letting us know.
              > > >
              > > > BTW, in the form wwe fill in with our name and email, I wrote "Webheads
              > > > in Action" under company (or whatever). :-)
              > > >
              > > > Are you willing to share his email so I can thank him personally?
              > > >
              > > > Looking forward to start reading the book this evening.
              > > >
              > > > Hugs, Teresa

            • Peggy George
              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 5, 2012
                Hi Nina,
                So sorry you ended up paying for this!

                The instructions for all of the assorted downloads for Wes's book are on this page:
                http://www.speedofcreativity.org/ebooks/help/

                It is available for the Nook but you have to connect your Nook to your computer to upload the book to your Nook (same for the Kindle).

                Wes was very specific that you can't get the free book from "buy now" links on his site. You have to click on the link below the description and "Add To Cart". That's where the code will work. You can't get them for free from either Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

                You need to select which version you want from this page and then "Add To Cart".
                http://playingwithmedia.com/pages/about

                I hope others are able to learn from your experience. You don't need to pay for the book if you order it from Wes's site. Just one more day left for this fabulous gift!

                Peggy

                On Nov 5, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Nina Liakos wrote:

                > I tried but before I knew what was happened my credit card had been charged! :-(
                > I contacted text chat support and she knew nothing of this offer. She suggested I try voice support tomorrow.
                > Are we sure Wes meant the offer to be valid for Nook as well as Kindle?
                >
                > Nina
                >
                > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Aiden <aidenyeh@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Try this
                >> http://playingwithmedia.com/pages/about
                >>
                >> Or this
                >>
                >> http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Playing-with-Media/Wesley-Fryer/e/2940013131439
                >>

                >> Aiden
                >> Twitter: motherchina
                >> Skype: aidenyeh
                >> Viber, Line, Tango: +886938392852
                >>
                >> Sent from my iPhone
              • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 5, 2012
                  A huge thank you to Wes Fryer for this wonderful gift, and to Vance for
                  letting us know about it, of course.
                  Looking forward to starting reading the book,
                  Mary

                  **

                • Nina Liakos
                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 7, 2012
                    I ended up buying the book. It was partly that Wes's webpage crashed my computer four times, and partly that in my impatience I did not read the instructions carefully enough ("To use the code, people should click the ADD TO CART button below the ebook version they want INSTEAD of clicking to buy it on Amazon or B&N:"). Now the code has expired, and I have already been charged for the book by Barnes and Noble. :-( I hope some other people at least were able to take advantage of Wes' nice offer.
                    Nina

                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 9, 2012
                      Peggy wrote me about this eventuality (because I hadn't tried it, I was not
                      an authority on the process).

                      I also bought the book. Earlier, Only $10.

                      Anyway, at least we have it, that's the main thing
                      (now just gotta read it)

                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 11, 2012
                        I started it but find I can't access the links on the Nook I have. I will have to read it on my computer I guess. Wish I had an iPad!