YLTSIG email discussion: Global Issues in Primary ELT

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2012
      YLTSIG discussion: Global Issues in Primary ELT First in a new series of
      old-fashioned email discussions, based on recordings of sessions given at
      the IATEFL annual conference, Glasgow, 2012.

      In their summary for the presentation that constitutes the first video we
      will talk about Gail Ellis & John Knagg wrote:

      " Teaching more English at ever younger ages is a defining characteristic
      of the global ELT scene over the last decade. (We)will paint a picture of
      the primary ELT world from the perspectives of children, teachers, and
      political decision makers. (We) will highlight findings from freely
      available recent research and quality improvement initiatives. Primary
      practitioners can place their own work within this wider global context,
      and others will benefit from an overview of the big issues in the field. "

      Have you all managed to watch the video? (Just write to this list if you
      are having difficulties accessing it).

      The recording is here:

      http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2012/sessions/2012-03-20/british-council-signature-event-global-primary-elt-issues

      This event is not intended to be an exercise in video evaluation and
      criticism! Let's use this forum as a springboard, a starting point for you
      to tell us about the situation in your country.

      Have you got an urgent EFL teaching problem, do you need some advice or
      information? Perhaps someone on this list can help.

      Do drop us a message.

      *

      *Dennis Newson*
      Formerly : University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
      Committee member | Discussion List Manager, YLTSIG Online | IATEFL YLT SIG
      Creator: YLTSIG NING <http://ylandtsig.ning.com/>

      Committee member IATEFL GISIG: Members & Promotion

      Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award
      Unrepentant grammarophobe
      YLTSIG Website <http://www.yltsig.org/>

      Yahoogroups YLTSIG: Subscribe: <:younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

      YLTSIG Wiki resources:<http://yltsigwikiresource.pbworks.com/w/page/33485130/FrontPage>