MP3 vs. more robust audio presentations

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2012
      I have been listening to a great podcast about Machine
      Tutorting/Learning Systems, found here
      <http://www.insidehighered.com/sites/default/server_files/MOOCs%20and%20machines.mp3>

      For me, instead of looking at the "blank web page" (MP3 file), I find
      myself multi-tasking, and losing some of the important parts of the
      podcast.

      Yes, it's possible to re-read the web pages that brought me to the
      podcast, (and reference them when encouraging others to listen) this
      podcast would besooooo much better if it had graphics and links that
      appeared while listening to the podcast.

      Which is of course what you Webheads are doing so wel!!!

      It amazes me that the people who brought this podcast "to market",
      Steve Kolowich
      http://www.insidehighered.com/users/steve-kolowic
      joined Inside Higher Ed in August 2009. He graduated in 2008 from
      Bowdoin College, where he earned an A.B. in political philosophy and
      co-edited the Bowdoin Orient. Shortly after returning from a
      15,000-mile post-college road-trip, he interned at The Chronicle of
      Higher Education, which awarded him the David W. Miller Award for
      Young Journalists. He served a brief stint at the Global Security
      Newswire, but couldn't stay away from higher education reporting for
      long. Steve is a freelance music writer, and plays music in his
      apartment with his roommate way too loud, way too late. He likes
      Washington, but would like it better if it were in Maine.

      could learn BUNCHES from Webheads.

      John