6th SLanguages Annual Symposium, 28-30 September 2012 on EduNation

  • letstalkonline2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15 3:09 AM
      Dear all,

      May I invite you all to attend the...

      6th SLanguages Annual Symposium
      28-30 September 2012

      A free 3-day conference on Language &
      Culture in Virtual Worlds held on EduNation in
      Second Life.

      Themes: Educational Games and Machinima
      Main Conference Site: http://avalon-project.ning.com

      CONFERENCE DRAFT PROGRAM
      http://tinyurl.com/slang12program
      *************************************
      MAIN CONFERENCE SITE
      http://avalon-project.ning.com
      *************************************
      CONFERENCE SPONSORS
      Languagelab.com + Freie Universität Berlin
      *************************************
      CONFERENCE TRAILER
      http://vimeo.com/47776694
      *************************************
      GOOGLE CONFERENCE CALENDAR
      add slanguagesannualsymposium@...
      http://avalon-project.ning.com/page/conf-calendar
      *************************************
      EVENT SCHEDULES (Work in progress)
      http://avalon-project.ning.com/events
      *************************************
      LOCATION
      EDUNATION I and III and a temporary conference island
      http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/EduNation/125/89/23
      *************************************
      LIVESTREAM
      All of the sessions will be livestreamed with Adobe
      Connect. You do not need an avatar to attend.
      http://lancelot.adobeconnect.com/sl and other rooms
      Check out each scheduled event for the stream.
      *************************************
      CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
      The 6th SLanguages Annual Symposium is addressing in particular
      language acquisition using educational games and machinima,
      serious games, research in the field of communication in 3D
      environments, teaching resources, socio interculturual studies
      and other related fields.
      A total of 45h (!) of presentations, workshops, demo lesson,
      show&tell demos, tours and machinimas, performances
      and games, gallery openings and a party have been prepared.
      A games park with some 50 games and an exhibition space
      are set-up on the conference island.
      The conference will take place on EduNation in Second Life
      throughout the weekend Fri-Sun, 28 – 30 September 2012 and
      will be preceded by various pre-conference workshops on 23rd
      and 26th of September, amongst others three workshop for
      those new to Second Life.
      These are the following times...
      23 Sept
      Pre-conference Workshops at 8am GMT and 5pm GMT
      26 Sept
      Pre-conference Workshops 10am GMT, 1pm GMT and 3pm GMT
      28 Sept
      Program from 5pm GMT to 1am GMT
      29 Sept
      Program from 8am GMT to 12am GMT
      30 Sept
      Program from 7am GMT to 11pm GMT
      Machinimas are videos taken of 3D environments and we are
      especially delighted to announce 2 machinima workshop of
      each 3h during which you can learn how to create a machinima
      from scratch.
      ***********************************
      ABOUT SLANGUAGES
      http://avalon-project.ning.com/page/about-slanguages
      SLanguages Annual Symposium was founded by Gavin Dudeney
      of the Consultants-E in 2007 and in 2010 a committee took over
      from Gavin under the leadership of EU funded AVALON project
      coordinator Gary Motteram. SLanguages is attended to by around
      400 language educators from all over the world and all of the
      sessions will be streamed in Adobe Connect, so that those
      without avatar are able to observe.
      ***********************************
      CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
      We welcome your support very much since this conference is
      technically challenging indeed.
      http://avalon-project.ning.com/page/6th-slanguages-volunteer-form
      ***********************************
      CALL FOR SPONSORS
      SLanguages is free of charge but not free of cost.
      May we invite you to support the SLanguages Conference
      with your sponsorship? The sponsorship opportunity brochure with a
      detailed report can be found here.
      http://tinyurl.com/slang12sponsor
      CONTACT
      Heike Philp aka Gwen Gwasi