Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Learning2gether on Sundays

  • Susana Canelo
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14 5:37 PM
      Dear Vance:
      Have you tried WiZIQ? It's quite simple, the recorded version of the class is always easy to share and download .A hug. Susana

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 14 9:30 PM
        Hi Susana,

        Thanks for the tip. WiZiQ is no longer free unfortunately. Neither is
        Elluminate but we have it on a longstanding grant from LearningTimes, which
        has really made Learning2gether possible and viable.

        It is an extra step to get an mp3 recording from Elluminate but I don't
        think WiZiQ has anything equivalent. With Elluminate, WiZiQ, Adobe, and
        other such presentation software the recording is there online but to get
        an mp3 you have to play the recording back on your computer and record in
        Audacity in real time. The Elluminate Publish tool allows you render the
        mp3 without having to monitor its real time recording.

        In a world of abundance the one glaring scarcity is time, and in order for
        one person (me) to record and online event and get it podcast, I need this
        kind of tool.

        We have recordings in our archive at
        http://learning2gether.posterous.comthat were not made in Bb
        Collaborate / Elluminate and for those we
        generally do not have mp3 versions. If anyone would like to make one or
        more of the missing mp3s (in real time) and send it to me (YouSendIt works
        well) then (1) you'll see what I'm talking about, and (2) we will be
        forever grateful.

        Vance

      • Mary
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 15 4:24 AM
          HI Vance and all,

          Vance you bhad asked for feedback on whether we can view the recording at
          http://learning2gether.posterous.com/ . I could view it. I nfirst was
          required to download the software for eluiminate. Then the recording
          appeared. sound quality is very good.

          Thanks for putting this all together.

          Mary Ziller
          Viewing from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where I am living for a year

          À Á Â Ã Ç É Ê Í Ó Ô Õ Ú Ü à á â ã ç é ê

          í ó ô õ ú ü ? /

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 16 7:16 PM
            Thanks for the feedback Mary.

            The conversations continue. Our chat with Coach Carole McCulloch yesterday
            is online in Bb Collaborate / Elluminate format, accessible as Mary
            describes below, at http://learning2gether.posterous.com/ .

            In addition, there should be a downloadable mp3 available at the top of the
            link. You should be able to play that in a player that appears, or
            download it to your computer and put it on your mp3 if you wish.

            You should also be able to subscribe to the mp3 feed in your podcatcher.
            The link for that is http://feeds.feedburner.com/posterous/l2gcast. This is
            what I'm particularly concerned to see if it works. The feed is showing up
            at that link, but does Posterous have the omph to deliver it? If you have
            feedback on that I would appreciate it.

            All the best, and enjoy the show :-)

            Vance

          • Peggy George
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 16 10:01 PM
              Hi Vance,
              I was able to view the audio player and play the mp3 recording right in the post on Posterous. I could also have downloaded it but chose not to because it played great in the blog post. That is a great alternative for people who don't want to open it in Blackboard Collaborate. I was also able to use the URL you provided for the podcast feed and subscribe to it in iTunes to play the audio there. Both are great alternatives. Thanks for all that you do to provide these great opportunities. Since most of them occur too early for me to watch as live events I really appreciate the recordings.

              Peggy

            • John Hibbs
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 17 5:42 AM
                Peggy George beat me to the punch. And because what she says is
                worth re-reading (and repeating), I including the links from Vance,
                I won't snip any of it.

                Thank you Vance. Thank you Webheads. Thank you Peggy George.

                John Hibbs
                http://oregonhibbs.com

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 17 7:27 AM
                  Thanks John and Peggy. I'll snip so folks won't get it a third time :-)

                  Peggy mentions access to L2G mp3s through iTunes and I'm glad to know
                  that's working. This coincides with something else I noticed and that is
                  that the K12 online conference starts with a pre-conference keynote on Oct
                  15. They then release presentations asynchronously over the next couple of
                  weeks and follow up with a sunset synchronous meeting (as the sun sets
                  around the world).

                  The presentations are almost always of knock-your-sox-off outstanding
                  quality. MP3 versions are available as podcasts if you can get them
                  through iTunes University (that has never worked for me :-( However, the
                  2010 archive is available for individual download at the website. There is
                  no such archive (yet, mp3s downloadable on a click) for 2011.

                  The 2012 schedule is not really out yet but it looks like it will appear
                  somewhere in this vicinity http://k12onlineconference.org/?page_id=1046

                  I wonder if Peggy would know or suggest if someone in the K12 Online
                  community would like to come on in the last part of October and talk with
                  us about this conference. It's always been one of my favorite podcast
                  feasts and I've learned a lot from listening to the mp3s and watching the
                  mp4s. The artifacts themselves model great uses of technology for teaching
                  above and beyond the content of the presentation itself, which is usually
                  also well worth exploring. It's a great opportunity for all to converge
                  with the community of educators that produces the K12 Online centerpiece of
                  their endeavors each year.

                  best,
                  Vance

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 18 6:50 AM
                    Hi, Vance,

                    It was very easy to subscribe to the mp3 feed in my Google+, and the recording is perfect. Thanks a lot for your efforts to make everything available to everybody in diferente ways.

                    Hugs from Rosario,

                    Rita

                    > Thanks John and Peggy. I'll snip so folks won't get it a third time :-)
                    >
                    > Peggy mentions access to L2G mp3s through iTunes and I'm glad to know
                    > that's working. This coincides with something else I noticed and that is
                    > that the K12 online conference starts with a pre-conference keynote on Oct
                    > 15. They then release presentations asynchronously over the next couple of
                    > weeks and follow up with a sunset synchronous meeting (as the sun sets
                    > around the world).
                    >
                    > The presentations are almost always of knock-your-sox-off outstanding
                    > quality. MP3 versions are available as podcasts if you can get them
                    > through iTunes University (that has never worked for me :-( However, the
                    > 2010 archive is available for individual download at the website. There is
                    > no such archive (yet, mp3s downloadable on a click) for 2011.
                    >
                    > The 2012 schedule is not really out yet but it looks like it will appear
                    > somewhere in this vicinity http://k12onlineconference.org/?page_id=1046
                    >
                    > I wonder if Peggy would know or suggest if someone in the K12 Online
                    > community would like to come on in the last part of October and talk with
                    > us about this conference. It's always been one of my favorite podcast
                    > feasts and I've learned a lot from listening to the mp3s and watching the
                    > mp4s. The artifacts themselves model great uses of technology for teaching
                    > above and beyond the content of the presentation itself, which is usually
                    > also well worth exploring. It's a great opportunity for all to converge
                    > with the community of educators that produces the K12 Online centerpiece of
                    > their endeavors each year.
                    >
                    > best,
                    > Vance

                  • Rita
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 18 6:52 AM
                      Sorry, vance, it was in my Google Reader... ;-)