Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Epaper

  • Aiden
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 14, 2012
      Thanks Graham and Paula for responding :-)

      Paula, I need a tool that would create newspaper layouts (with articles, images and all) -so the image clip would not work. But thanks for the suggestion :-)

      Graham, Rome looks very promising. I'll download and try it out first before I recommend it to my students. Will let the group know how this project will turn out.

      Thanks!

      Aiden

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 2012/9/14, at 21:23, Graham Stanley <blogefl@...> wrote:

      > Hi Aiden,
      >
      > Not sure if you're looking for a DTP tool or not, but I've used Adobe Rome (
      > http://rome.adobe.com/) for newsletters, etc. and am very happy with it -
      > there are a number of templates you can use.
      >
      > It's a free tool that can be used either online or you can download it - I
      > recommend downloading it for any publication that's more than a couple of
      > pages, because it tends to crash otherwise.
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Graham
      >
      > On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Helping North <helpingnorth@...>wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> Hello Aiden,
      >> have you tried Fodey?
      >> http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp
      >> it is not for front pages but it may be interesting to have a look.
      >> Good luck!
      >>
      >> Paula (in Argentina)
      >> www.teach-with-internet.wikispaces.com
      >>

      >> ________________________________

    • Squires, Robert
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 14, 2012
        Aiden,

        I've been using paper.li. It auto creates an e-paper from hashtags, youtube, rss,etc, so it might not serve for the actual creating of papers, but it might be interesting to view the layout: http://paper.li/

        Robert

        Can anyone recommend a site or free software that I can use in creating newspaper layouts/front page? Ezine is magazine format- but is there one for newspaper layouts?

        I can ask my students to use Word, but it'll be cool if there are other sites we could try.

        Thanks in advance!

        Aiden

        Sent from my iPhone

      • Alexandra Koukoumialou
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 15, 2012
          Dear Aiden,

          There's a free, open source, downloadable software, called Scribus.
          I don't know if you've come across it, but it can produce newspaper /
          magazine layout templates.

          Have a look here:
          http://www.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus

          Hope this was helpful,

          Alexandra

          On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Squires, Robert <robert.squires@...
          > wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Aiden,
          >
          > I've been using paper.li. It auto creates an e-paper from hashtags,
          > youtube, rss,etc, so it might not serve for the actual creating of papers,
          > but it might be interesting to view the layout: http://paper.li/
          >
          > Robert

        • aidenyeh
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 15, 2012
            Thanks Alexandra! Looks very promising- Will give it a try :-)

            Aiden

            Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1Alexandra Koukoumialou <a.koukoumialou@...> wrote:Dear Aiden,

            There's a free, open source, downloadable software, called Scribus.
            I don't know if you've come across it, but it can produce newspaper /
            magazine layout templates.

            Have a look here:
            http://www.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus

            Hope this was helpful,

            Alexandra

            On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Squires, Robert <robert.squires@...
            > wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Aiden,
            >
            > I've been using paper.li. It auto creates an e-paper from hashtags,
            > youtube, rss,etc, so it might not serve for the actual creating of papers,
            > but it might be interesting to view the layout: http://paper.li/
            >
            > Robert

          • Barbara Dieu
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 16, 2012
              Sthg very quick and easy, maybe not the kind you are looking for but
              worth a try is
              http://bighugelabs.com/
              thed magazine cover
              http://bighugelabs.com/magazine.php

              I have used it with my students and in workshops.
              B.

              --
              Barbara Dieu
              http://barbaradieu.com