Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Epaper

  • Helping North
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 14, 2012
      Hello Aiden,
      have you tried Fodey? http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp
      it is not for front pages but it may be interesting to have a look.
      Good luck!

      Paula (in Argentina)
      www.teach-with-internet.wikispaces.com

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 14, 2012
        Hi Aiden,

        Not sure if you're looking for a DTP tool or not, but I've used Adobe Rome (
        http://rome.adobe.com/) for newsletters, etc. and am very happy with it -
        there are a number of templates you can use.

        It's a free tool that can be used either online or you can download it - I
        recommend downloading it for any publication that's more than a couple of
        pages, because it tends to crash otherwise.

        Best,

        Graham

        On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Helping North <helpingnorth@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello Aiden,
        > have you tried Fodey?
        > http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp
        > it is not for front pages but it may be interesting to have a look.
        > Good luck!
        >
        > Paula (in Argentina)
        > www.teach-with-internet.wikispaces.com
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Aiden
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 14, 2012
          Thanks Graham and Paula for responding :-)

          Paula, I need a tool that would create newspaper layouts (with articles, images and all) -so the image clip would not work. But thanks for the suggestion :-)

          Graham, Rome looks very promising. I'll download and try it out first before I recommend it to my students. Will let the group know how this project will turn out.

          Thanks!

          Aiden

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 2012/9/14, at 21:23, Graham Stanley <blogefl@...> wrote:

          > Hi Aiden,
          >
          > Not sure if you're looking for a DTP tool or not, but I've used Adobe Rome (
          > http://rome.adobe.com/) for newsletters, etc. and am very happy with it -
          > there are a number of templates you can use.
          >
          > It's a free tool that can be used either online or you can download it - I
          > recommend downloading it for any publication that's more than a couple of
          > pages, because it tends to crash otherwise.
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Graham
          >
          > On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Helping North <helpingnorth@...>wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Hello Aiden,
          >> have you tried Fodey?
          >> http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp
          >> it is not for front pages but it may be interesting to have a look.
          >> Good luck!
          >>
          >> Paula (in Argentina)
          >> www.teach-with-internet.wikispaces.com
          >>

          >> ________________________________

        • Squires, Robert
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 14, 2012
            Aiden,

            I've been using paper.li. It auto creates an e-paper from hashtags, youtube, rss,etc, so it might not serve for the actual creating of papers, but it might be interesting to view the layout: http://paper.li/

            Robert

            Can anyone recommend a site or free software that I can use in creating newspaper layouts/front page? Ezine is magazine format- but is there one for newspaper layouts?

            I can ask my students to use Word, but it'll be cool if there are other sites we could try.

            Thanks in advance!

            Aiden

            Sent from my iPhone

          • Alexandra Koukoumialou
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 15, 2012
              Dear Aiden,

              There's a free, open source, downloadable software, called Scribus.
              I don't know if you've come across it, but it can produce newspaper /
              magazine layout templates.

              Have a look here:
              http://www.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus

              Hope this was helpful,

              Alexandra

              On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Squires, Robert <robert.squires@...
              > wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Aiden,
              >
              > I've been using paper.li. It auto creates an e-paper from hashtags,
              > youtube, rss,etc, so it might not serve for the actual creating of papers,
              > but it might be interesting to view the layout: http://paper.li/
              >
              > Robert

            • aidenyeh
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 15, 2012
                Thanks Alexandra! Looks very promising- Will give it a try :-)

                Aiden

                Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1Alexandra Koukoumialou <a.koukoumialou@...> wrote:Dear Aiden,

                There's a free, open source, downloadable software, called Scribus.
                I don't know if you've come across it, but it can produce newspaper /
                magazine layout templates.

                Have a look here:
                http://www.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus

                Hope this was helpful,

                Alexandra

                On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Squires, Robert <robert.squires@...
                > wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Aiden,
                >
                > I've been using paper.li. It auto creates an e-paper from hashtags,
                > youtube, rss,etc, so it might not serve for the actual creating of papers,
                > but it might be interesting to view the layout: http://paper.li/
                >
                > Robert

              • Barbara Dieu
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 16, 2012
                  Sthg very quick and easy, maybe not the kind you are looking for but
                  worth a try is
                  http://bighugelabs.com/
                  thed magazine cover
                  http://bighugelabs.com/magazine.php

                  I have used it with my students and in workshops.
                  B.

                  --
                  Barbara Dieu
                  http://barbaradieu.com