Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Google Drive: No Connection Detected

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
      Hi Nina,

      I made the switch too but it was mostly flawless. I think if you click on
      the gear icon in the upper right corner there should be a way there to
      revert to the Google Docs interface. That might help. I think the app you
      downloaded simply synchronizes your docs with backups it keeps on your
      computer. I'd like to know more about that myself, but the message you're
      getting is probably related to the synchronization. Your docs at Google
      should be intact and available online. Maybe you could search for answers
      on YouTube or Google any error messages you are getting, and you'll usually
      find lots of advice about what they mean and how to handle them.

      Let us know how you resolve it. I use Google Docs with students and it's
      useful to see when Google tweaks things how this impacts the students'
      standpoint.

      Vance

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

    • Dilip Barad
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
        I also switch over to Drive... and it was quite seamless shift...
        The Android app for Drive got updated automatically and it functions quite
        well on PC and Android tab.

        Dilip Barad, Ph.D.
        Professor & Head,
        Dept. of English, Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University,
        Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Campus,
        Bhavnagar - 364001. (Gujarat - India)
        www.dilipbarad.com
        09427733691/09898272313

        --
        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2012
          Hi Nina and all,

          I've been completely reliant on google mail / docs / drive / apps for more than 2 years. Usually it all works but I recently had your 'no connection' problem or something like it.

          It applied to people using the Chrome browser who were also running Norton Antivirus. See the link below.

          http://support.google.com/drive/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs

          The solution in this case was to disable the Norton Antivirus plug in for the browser and everything worked swimmingly again.

          Hope this helps. Now if anyone has tips about how to get outlook 2010 syncing again with google apps ...

          Best

          Paul