Google Drive: No Connection Detected

  • Nina Liakos
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
      I switched from Google Docs to Google Drive and have yet to make it work. Every time I try to use it it tells me there is "no connection". I've downloaded it more than once, but it has yet to function. Help! All my old google docs are dead (I can't select them, although I can download them in an old Word format), and I can't create new ones. This is driving me nuts.

      Nina
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
        Hi Nina,

        I made the switch too but it was mostly flawless. I think if you click on
        the gear icon in the upper right corner there should be a way there to
        revert to the Google Docs interface. That might help. I think the app you
        downloaded simply synchronizes your docs with backups it keeps on your
        computer. I'd like to know more about that myself, but the message you're
        getting is probably related to the synchronization. Your docs at Google
        should be intact and available online. Maybe you could search for answers
        on YouTube or Google any error messages you are getting, and you'll usually
        find lots of advice about what they mean and how to handle them.

        Let us know how you resolve it. I use Google Docs with students and it's
        useful to see when Google tweaks things how this impacts the students'
        standpoint.

        Vance

        --
        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

      • Dilip Barad
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
          I also switch over to Drive... and it was quite seamless shift...
          The Android app for Drive got updated automatically and it functions quite
          well on PC and Android tab.

          Dilip Barad, Ph.D.
          Professor & Head,
          Dept. of English, Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University,
          Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Campus,
          Bhavnagar - 364001. (Gujarat - India)
          www.dilipbarad.com
          09427733691/09898272313

          --
          Vance Stevens
          http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
          http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        • Paul
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2012
            Hi Nina and all,

            I've been completely reliant on google mail / docs / drive / apps for more than 2 years. Usually it all works but I recently had your 'no connection' problem or something like it.

            It applied to people using the Chrome browser who were also running Norton Antivirus. See the link below.

            http://support.google.com/drive/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs

            The solution in this case was to disable the Norton Antivirus plug in for the browser and everything worked swimmingly again.

            Hope this helps. Now if anyone has tips about how to get outlook 2010 syncing again with google apps ...

            Best

            Paul