MOOC Meritocracy

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2012
      <http://chronicle.com/blogs/conversation/2012/08/23/the-mooc-led-meritocracy/?cid=wc&utm_source=wc&utm_medium=en>

      Also reached from:
      http://tinyurl.com/MOOCMeritocracy

      Hi All: It may be that the bulk of the Webhead's Community have
      little or zero interest in MOOC's. This would certainly be
      understandable. I can't imagine much worth to students learning
      English to be part of a class in the thousands.

      So, my question is: For those that DO have an interest, where could
      we post articles such this one from the Chronicle of Higher
      Education. It's a good one, with broad policy implications.

      John Hibbs
      http://oregonhibbs.com
      Eugene, Oregon, USA
    • Daniel Bassill
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2012
        John,

        You and others are welcome to add links to articles about MOOCS in this section of my library. http://tinyurl.com/TMI-Library-Blog-list

        All you need to do is register to use the site, log in and go to the links library to submit new links. It is moderated so nothing is posted without my review. If you browse the library you'll see it already has more than 2000 links to information that many educators and non profit leaders would be interested in.

        This focuses primarily in the US so there might be a parallel site that focuses on issues specific to different continents. Such sites could be created and managed by students as part of on-going service learning projects.

        Dan Bassill
        Tutor/Mentor Connection
        Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC