WANTED: A successor to Voice-Alert?

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 30, 2012
      Hi All: I have been following posts (such as about symbaloo) and
      have spent time looking at the sites mentioned..and where they led
      me. Thank you.

      Now, for those of you who "traveled' on Global Learn Day, you might
      recall we used software from http://voice-alert.com -- long ago,
      sadly, dead and buried. (Including all those web pages of every GLD
      who presented.) :(

      Here's what Voice Alert offered

      a) An online form that was so simple to fill out that a 4th grader
      could do it. When finished completing the form, you could generate a
      VERY personal web page with your name, email address (if you wished),
      photo, biographic details, details about your presentation, and three
      links to whatever links would be helpful to learn more about you. A
      harbinger to Facebook, Linked-In - but MUCH simpler.

      b) After the page was created, you received an email with a phone
      number and you could then make an ordinary call and record whatever
      you wanted -- 20 seconds, or 20 minutes, your choice. Then, you
      could listen to the recording by visiting your Web Page and click the
      link Listen to Joe Smith Here.

      Slicker than owl poop.

      Now, what I am looking for is something that is just that simple
      (without the phone recording, I dont think it's out there). But I
      would love to find a provider that had something as slick; that was
      also something that where the data could be mined...as did
      Voice-Alert --- We got details of how many visits to each Presenter
      Page, plus easy ways to SHARE the links, I think even before.

      I must be missing something. There must be something "out there"
      which would do what Voice Alert did many, many moons ago.

      Cheers.

      At 9:06 AM -0700 7/30/12, Ramona Dietrich wrote:
      >Hi Nina,
      >
      >I've been experimenting lately with a tool called Symbaloo . It's a
      >great place to help organize our tools and lives. You might want to
      >check it out (http://www.symbaloo.com/).
    • Nina Liakos
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2012
        Thanks, Ramona, Michael, Bee, Rita and anyone else who wrote to recommend replacements for my iGoogle homepage! I have lots of check out. Webheads rock!
        Nina

      • Behice Ceyda Cengiz
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2012
          ________________________________

          Dear group members,

          I am Ceyda Cengiz, an MA student at Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. I am a friend and colleague of Sedat Akayoğlu, who kindfully helps me a lot in my academic studies and shows me new directions. I feel myself like I am very new at academic studies and I feel the need to improve myself each and every day. But as you can imagine, sometimes you do not know how to do this, especially if you are at the beginning. During my readings, I've come to realize that CALL is a very good area to work on, a very beneficial one. I have been trying to follow some journals, but I do not know how I can be very proficient in this field. Sedat told me I could write to you, so I wrote to you with my hopes to have some suggestions about how I can improve myself in this field and what I should do. I am very motivated and only need some guidance or suggestions.

           I will be looking forward to hearing some suggestions.Thank you so  so so much:)))

          Greeting to you, all from Ankara
          Ceyda

        • Maria Ines
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2012
            Hello dear Behice
            I'm Maria from Argentina; I've just read your mail and I'm happy you came to this wonderful group of people.
            I came across Webheads almost 4 years ago and all I know about ITC's and web 2.0 tools I owe to them.
            I guess a lot of people will reply this mail to you so... read them all!
            One big piece of advice is to take up some of the EVO online sessions, esp "BaW" (Becoming a Webhead) during January. There are lots of sessions offered by TESOL/EVO which you can take during this complete month. In due time you may receive a mail with all the courses available. I did it and I'm so happy as I've learnt a lot with the group.
            I do hope I have helped you a bit.
            Smiles, Maria :)

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Behice Ceyda Cengiz <behiceceydacengiz@...> wrote:

            > ________________________________
            >

            > Dear group members,
            >
            > I am Ceyda Cengiz, an MA student at Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. I am a friend and colleague of Sedat Akayoğlu, who kindfully helps me a lot in my academic studies and shows me new directions. I feel myself like I am very new at academic studies and I feel the need to improve myself each and every day. But as you can imagine, sometimes you do not know how to do this, especially if you are at the beginning. During my readings, I've come to realize that CALL is a very good area to work on, a very beneficial one. I have been trying to follow some journals, but I do not know how I can be very proficient in this field. Sedat told me I could write to you, so I wrote to you with my hopes to have some suggestions about how I can improve myself in this field and what I should do. I am very motivated and only need some guidance or suggestions.
            >
            >  I will be looking forward to hearing some suggestions.Thank you so  so so much:)))
            >
            > Greeting to you, all from Ankara
            > Ceyda

          • Behice Ceyda Cengiz
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2012
              Dear Maria,

              Thank you so much for your help. I will participate in January sessions. I guess I will get an e-mail, maybe a link for attending the sessions. Or is there anything else I should do to participate?

              Sincerely
              Ceyda

              ________________________________
              Kimden: Maria Ines <mariabossa1@...>
              Kime: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
              Gönderildiği Tarih: 3 Ağustos 2012 21:24 Cuma
              Konu: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: asking for help

              Hello dear Behice
              I'm Maria from Argentina; I've just read your mail and I'm happy you came to this wonderful group of people.
              I came across Webheads almost 4 years ago and all I know about ITC's and web 2.0 tools I owe to them.
              I guess a lot of people will reply this mail to you so... read them all!
              One big piece of advice is to take up some of the EVO online sessions, esp "BaW" (Becoming a Webhead) during January. There are lots of sessions offered by TESOL/EVO which you can take during this complete month. In due time you may receive a mail with all the courses available. I did it and I'm so happy as I've learnt a lot with the group.
              I do hope I have helped you a bit.
              Smiles, Maria :)

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Behice Ceyda Cengiz <behiceceydacengiz@...> wrote:

              > ________________________________
              >

              > Dear group members,
              >
              > I am Ceyda Cengiz, an MA student at Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. I am a friend and colleague of Sedat AkayoÄŸlu, who kindfully helps me a lot in my academic studies and shows me new directions. I feel myself like I am very new at academic studies and I feel the need to improve myself each and every day. But as you can imagine, sometimes you do not know how to do this, especially if you are at the beginning. During my readings, I've come to realize that CALL is a very good area to work on, a very beneficial one. I have been trying to follow some journals, but I do not know how I can be very proficient in this field. Sedat told me I could write to you, so I wrote to you with my hopes to have some suggestions about how I can improve myself in this field and what I should do. I am very motivated and only need some guidance or suggestions.
              >
              >  I will be looking forward to hearing some suggestions.Thank you so  so so much:)))
              >
              > Greeting to you, all from Ankara
              > Ceyda

            • Maria Ines
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 3, 2012
                Hello again! :)
                I guess you will get a mail here with all the possible sessions for you to choose. I think this is the only thing you need to participate. Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.
                Count on me for whatever you might need.
                More smiles, Maria :)

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Behice Ceyda Cengiz <behiceceydacengiz@...> wrote:

                > Dear Maria,
                >
                > Thank you so much for your help. I will participate in January sessions. I guess I will get an e-mail, maybe a link for attending the sessions. Or is there anything else I should do to participate?
                >
                > Sincerely
                > Ceyda
                >

                > ________________________________
                > Kimden: Maria Ines <mariabossa1@...>
                > Kime: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                > Gönderildiği Tarih: 3 Ağustos 2012 21:24 Cuma
                > Konu: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: asking for help
                >

                > Hello dear Behice
                > I'm Maria from Argentina; I've just read your mail and I'm happy you came to this wonderful group of people.
                > I came across Webheads almost 4 years ago and all I know about ITC's and web 2.0 tools I owe to them.
                > I guess a lot of people will reply this mail to you so... read them all!
                > One big piece of advice is to take up some of the EVO online sessions, esp "BaW" (Becoming a Webhead) during January. There are lots of sessions offered by TESOL/EVO which you can take during this complete month. In due time you may receive a mail with all the courses available. I did it and I'm so happy as I've learnt a lot with the group.
                > I do hope I have helped you a bit.
                > Smiles, Maria :)
                >
                > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Behice Ceyda Cengiz <behiceceydacengiz@> wrote:
                > >

                > > ________________________________
                > >

                > > Dear group members,
                > >
                > > I am Ceyda Cengiz, an MA student at Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. I am a friend and colleague of Sedat AkayoÄŸlu, who kindfully helps me a lot in my academic studies and shows me new directions. I feel myself like I am very new at academic studies and I feel the need to improve myself each and every day. But as you can imagine, sometimes you do not know how to do this, especially if you are at the beginning. During my readings, I've come to realize that CALL is a very good area to work on, a very beneficial one. I have been trying to follow some journals, but I do not know how I can be very proficient in this field. Sedat told me I could write to you, so I wrote to you with my hopes to have some suggestions about how I can improve myself in this field and what I should do. I am very motivated and only need some guidance or suggestions.
                > >
                > >  I will be looking forward to hearing some suggestions.Thank you so  so so much:)))
                > >
                > > Greeting to you, all from Ankara
                > > Ceyda

              • Behice Ceyda Cengiz
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 3, 2012
                  Thank you, Maria.

                  Ceyda

                  Kimden: Maria Ines <mariabossa1@...>
                  Kime: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                  Gönderildiği Tarih: 3 Ağustos 2012 22:22 Cuma
                  Konu: Yan: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: asking for help