Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Weekly email digest

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2012
      Hi Bob,

      One nice thing about Yahoo Groups is that you do have control over many
      aspects of your membership.

      If you have a Yahoo ID you can manage your memberships directly from the
      website: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads/

      You might have to follow the procedure of letting Yahoo know that the user
      with your gmail address is the user they know by your Yahoo address.

      Once you log in, click on Edit Membership and you can set your email
      preferences to individual email (you get each msg individually), daily
      digest, or Web Only. The latter option might be best for you, if you wish
      to check back each week.

      Yet another option is to subscribe to the RSS feed. In order to have this
      feed our group messages have to be publicly available. This means that you
      don't have to belong to the group to access our messages or set up your own
      RSS feed and get all the messages (but if you want to reply to them, you
      need to be a group member :-)

      So my recommendation is set your email options to web only, and add the RSS
      feed to your Google Reader.

      On the other hand I prefer the individual emails. I filter them in gmail
      so they are all tagged as they come in. If I want to dismiss them I
      archive them (under that tag). But if I want to reply then I find it's
      most convenient to do that in Gmail. I prefer Gmail because it saves on
      the fly. It's possible to lose messages you've just composed in Yahoo's
      interface.

      Hope this helps,

      Vance

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

    • BobTBright
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2012
        Hi Vance,

        that's extremely helpful. I am going to follow your advice and use the individual email option. I look forward to some productive reading (and contributing) and would like to thank you once again for your help!

        Best wishes

        Bob