RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Learning2gether with John Hibbs next Sunday July 22 about Open Courses, new age learning 1400 GMT

  • Squires, Robert
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 23, 2012
      It looks as though this was open for editing, so I added a comment :).

      There's some debate on whether Coursera, etc. actually are MOOC's due to their lack of use of materials that can be remixed and repurposed. (Khan Academy has some issues here as well). They're essentially massive, online, open for enrollment, proprietary courses - MOOEPC. You can't create your own courses based on their content as the licensing doesn't permit it. It's not easy to go that step further and be completely open. OERu are doing some work in this area: http://wikieducator.org/OER_university/Home, but the design of their courses is based on the look and feel of Wikipedia (ouch). I wonder if Mopad can support open course design more effectively.

      Robert