Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: scheduling session for Aug 26 around volunteer recruitment

  • Daniel Bassill
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23 7:50 AM
      Vance,

      I just submitted a request to host a discussion about volunteer recruitment in the Elluminate platform on Sunday, August 26 at 1400GMT (9am CST). I'm hoping that others who utilize volunteers will participate and share their strategies.

      Since volunteer involvement in school and non-school tutor/mentor programs has application all over the world I'd also encourage people involved with MOOCs or who are trying to find ways to gain financial support for on-line learning, network building and collaboration to join in the discussion so we can explore ways we might generate greater investment in our information sharing and in efforts that bring more support to kids in the most disadvantaged school neighborhoods.

      The timing of this discussion is just before the peak period of volunteer recruitment for the start of the 2012-13 school year.

      Dan Bassill
      Tutor/Mentor Connection
      Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24 11:39 AM
        Thanks Daniel,

        I am going on leave this Thursday, heading for the republic of Georgia.

        I doubt if there are any webheads there.

        But you got the idea. Anyone, please write yourself in for learning2gether
        events. At the moment we have none planned, apart from Nellie's interview
        with Michael Wesch tomorrow.

        That's like WOW. Be there!!

        Vance

        --
        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

      • Michael Coghlan
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28 7:48 AM
          Hi Vance and all,

          Thank you Vance for letting us know about the conversation with the
          wonderful Mike Wesch. And thank you Nellie Deutsch for organising it! I
          have created a podcast with edited excerpts from the session. It's at
          http://michaelc.podomatic.com/entry/index/2012-07-28T07_34_44-07_00 if
          anyone would like to hear an 18 minute summary.

          - Michael