Re: Help with Book Chapter

  • anisoara_pp
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20 8:27 AM
      Dear Paula,
      I read, commented and downloaded the article. Thank you for pointing it to us.
      Success,
      Anisoara Pop

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Helping North <helpingnorth@...> wrote:

      > Dear Webheads,
      > I need your help to have my chapter selected for publication. Could you please use the link to look at it and leave some comments.
      > http://es.scribd.com/doc/100215769/Paula-Ledesma-Web-2-0-Tools-in-ELT
      >  If you could also download it you would be helping a lot. Those chapters with more downloads will be selected first.
      > Thanks a lot!!!
      > Paula

    • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2012
        Hi Paula--

        Could you be more specific about what kinds of help you want? More tools? Organization? Content?

        You mention a number of interesting tools, but I think the chapter needs more of a framework/structure. You start out assuming the teacher wants to or should use "simple" tech tools -- but this may not be the case. Can you make an argument for why that is a good idea?

        You might want to describe some of those 21st century skills first. Also, you need to explain Web 2.0 - a number of the tools you mention are not innately Web 2.0, but could be used that way by a skillful teacher. These concepts need to be explained as ground work.

        I'd also suggest using some sub-headings to break up the list of tools and help the reader conceptualize how one type of tool might relate to the others.

        Lots of good information! Go for it!

        Cheers--
        ---Elizabeth H-S

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Helping North <helpingnorth@...> wrote:

        > Dear Webheads,
        > I need your help to have my chapter selected for publication. Could you please use the link to look at it and leave some comments.
        > http://es.scribd.com/doc/100215769/Paula-Ledesma-Web-2-0-Tools-in-ELT
        >  If you could also download it you would be helping a lot. Those chapters with more downloads will be selected first.
        > Thanks a lot!!!
        > Paula

      • Helping North ELT
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2012
          Thank you very much for your very useful and encouraging feedback Elizabeth! I will take all your comments into account for the final version of the chapter!
          Thanks to all the community of dear Webheads who have read the chapter and posted comments too! It is very encouraging to count with all of you!
          I will send a new link as soon as the changes are made.

          Big e-hug from Argentina!

          Paula
          Lic. Paula Ledesma
          Coordinator