Learning2gether with Luis Ordoñez July 15 1400 GMT

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2012
      Dear Webheads and others,

      Just to bring you up to date on Learning2gether, we carry on through the
      summer. Jeff Lebow and I met online last Sunday in a Google+ Hangout and
      discovered that what used to be difficult involving many settings and the
      overlay of numerous software tools has become charmingly easy with Web 2.0.
      Google+ now allows not only a meeting space with remarkably robust voice,
      video, screensharing, YouTube sharing, and a nice range of other apps, but
      it now streams this for you via a YouTube embed and then makes the
      recording available in your YouTube channel.

      I was surprised that Jeff had also brought along another old friend,
      TitanPad. He used this as a way to record our back channel and also as an
      IM chat window, which is a part of the Etherpad clones. Embedded into one
      portal, some knowledge of HTML all that is required, this pretty much
      covers, in simple web 2.0 tools, what so many people struggled so hard to
      do in the webcast academy days.

      Jeff archived this with mp3, YouTube embed, and chat log at
      http://englishbridges.net/webcast/learning2gether-brainstorm-july-8-2012.
      The L2G podcast archive is here:
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/vance-stevens-and-jeff-lebow-hanging-out-at-g

      Meanwhile Luis from Venezuela accepted my call to help us learn together
      this summer and he's agreed to meet Jeff and I in a Hangout at 1400 GMT
      this Sunday July 15, to talk about his MOOC (CAMEL in Spanish). Robert
      Squires has agreed to join us (Luis was a participant in Robert's recent
      MOOC) and it should be an interesting discussion.

      There's more information here:
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevent

      Hope to see you this Sunday, and I hope someone will offer to present or
      suggest a topic (counts as a presentation!) the following week.

      Vance will be away for much of August but Jeff just might carry on hosting
      his weekly COOLcasts, so the torch persists.

      We're also hoping to fill up again with presentations in September, so
      please remember you can let me know when you'd like to share your projects
      with us, or join the wiki and write them in yourself,
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com

      All the best,
      Vance