Interview with Paul Gorski, EdChange.org

  • Squires, Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2012
      Hi all,

      Thought you might be interested in attending this discussion with Paul Gorski, starting in 40 minutes in the webheads virtual room: http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads
      Mind the Gap: Taco Night and Anti-Racism - Dr. Paul Gorski

      Paul Gorski, assistant professor at George Mason and founder of EdChange, a coalition of educators and activists providing professional development on educational equity, will join Education Across Cultures participants to consider the gap between between a commitment to "celebrating diversity" and creating an equitable learning environment; that is, the difference between hosting a "Taco Night" and anti-racism in practice. Issues of white privilege will be explored in the context of white socio-economic experiences, and we'll aim right for the heart of the matter: how do we as educators take the practical, and sometimes very difficult, steps to make a difference in the lives of our students?

      Thursday, June 28, 1pm MST: Date and Time<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Paul+Gorski+-+Education+Across+Cultures&iso=20120628T13&p1=100>

      Location (Learning Times blackboard collaborate room) : Enter Here<http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/>
      Robert