Re: [evonline2002_webheads] ESL ISSUU projects

  • STELLA
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
      Last year I used ISSUE, Calameo, Bookr and/or MIXBOX
      I gave them samples, they wrote fiction and then we edited their books (special attention was given to the genre and book format)>>>College level (ISFD41, Adrogué). The books can be found in our class blog available at http://lee3-more.blogspot.com.ar/

      I hope the info is useful.

      Should you have any queries, let me know

      stella
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
        Fabulous animation! Very endearing! :-)

        Thanks for sharing.

        Teresa

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
          sorry for the spelling, of course I meant ISSUU and MIXBOOK (Nov 2011 entries)

          stella

          I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
          with kids, teens or adults.
          If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
          workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
          Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

          Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
          Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
          Versión: 2012.0.1913 / Base de datos de virus: 2425/5038 - Fecha de la versión: 01/06/2012

          Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
          Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
          Versión: 2012.0.2177 / Base de datos de virus: 2425/5043 - Fecha de la versión: 03/06/2012

        • nelbaq
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 5, 2012
            Dear Webheads, thank you for the links . They are very interesting but I
            am looking for ISSUU publications made by students.

            @Nina Your link does not work :(

            Hugs from Argentina, Nelba
            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "nina.lyulkun@..."

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 5, 2012
              Thank you, Stella! Your blog is really intesting.
              Thanks for sharing.
              Nelba
              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "STELLA" <saubidet@...>
              wrote:

              > sorry for the spelling, of course I meant ISSUU and MIXBOOK (Nov 2011
              entries)

              > stella

            • Aiden Yeh
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 6, 2012
                Hi Nelba,

                As promised, here are the links to my students' ezines:
                http://issuu.com/wenzao/docs

                Aiden

                Aiden Yeh, PhD
                English Department
                Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages
                Kaohsiung, Taiwan
                TwitterID: motherchina
                SkypeID: aidenyeh
                Line, Talkbox, Viber: +886938392852

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 6, 2012
                  Sorry, there's only one link: http://issuu.com/wenzao/docs
                  But the page will lead you to the 3 student-produced ezines.

                  Aiden

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 7, 2012
                    Hi, Aiden: the material is really interesting! Tell me more about your
                    Students.

                    How old are they?
                    What level of English do they have?
                    Have they designed these magazines on their own or with the help of a
                    designer?

                    Warm regards from Argentina,
                    Nelba

                    --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...>

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 7, 2012
                      Hi Nelba,

                      Here's a few information about my students.

                      How old are they? 18-19 years old, College Freshmen
                      What level of English do they have? Intermediate-Advanced
                      Have they designed these magazines on their own or with the help of a
                      designer? On their own. If you look at the table of contents (preface), you'll see who was in-charge of graphic design and collection of images. They assigned the ezine design to one student who knew how to use Adobe.

                      Hope you find this helpful.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 9, 2012
                        Thank you , Aiden!
                        Nelba from Argentina