Re: [evonline2002_webheads] ESL ISSUU projects

    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2012
      You can reach these materials on guest access

      http://issuu.com/vances/docs/computer_literacy_2009_lessons_1-3
      and
      http://issuu.com/vances/docs/social_networking_2009_lessons1-3

      The students really liked them and asked me to produce more books like
      this. I told them they could make the books themselves (but they
      never did :-)

      Vance

      On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 3:50 AM, Luis Arnoldo Ordoñez Vela
      <lordonezv@...> wrote:
      > Nelba, pudiese interesarle que yo lo uso para subir mi bibliografía
      > (publicada en revistas académicas o no) y me siento muy satisfecho, espero
      > le sea util pero no se cual es el nivel de sus alumnos
      > http://issuu.com/lordonezv
      > Un saludo y mis felicitaciones a ese importante grupo de los webheads
      > LO
      >
      > 2012/6/2 nelbaq <nelbaq@...>
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> Dear Webheads,
      >> I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
      >> with kids, teens or adults.
      >> If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
      >> workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
      >> Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

      > --
      > Luis Ordóñez

      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
      http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com
    • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
        Hi Nelba,

        I used to use ISSUU for publishing students' conference materials.
        Take a look at http://issuu.com/nagora/docs/conf_book1.

        Regards,
        Nina

        > > 2012/6/2 nelbaq <nelbaq@...>
        > >
        > >> **
        > >>

        > >> Dear Webheads,
        > >> I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
        > >> with kids, teens or adults.
        > >> If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
        > >> workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
        > >> Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

      • STELLA
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
          Last year I used ISSUE, Calameo, Bookr and/or MIXBOX
          I gave them samples, they wrote fiction and then we edited their books (special attention was given to the genre and book format)>>>College level (ISFD41, Adrogué). The books can be found in our class blog available at http://lee3-more.blogspot.com.ar/

          I hope the info is useful.

          Should you have any queries, let me know

          stella
          I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
          with kids, teens or adults.
          If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
          workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
          Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

          Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
          Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
          Versión: 2012.0.1913 / Base de datos de virus: 2425/5038 - Fecha de la versión: 01/06/2012

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
            Fabulous animation! Very endearing! :-)

            Thanks for sharing.

            Teresa

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
              sorry for the spelling, of course I meant ISSUU and MIXBOOK (Nov 2011 entries)

              stella

              I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
              with kids, teens or adults.
              If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
              workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
              Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

              Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
              Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
              Versión: 2012.0.1913 / Base de datos de virus: 2425/5038 - Fecha de la versión: 01/06/2012

              Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
              Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
              Versión: 2012.0.2177 / Base de datos de virus: 2425/5043 - Fecha de la versión: 03/06/2012

            • nelbaq
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 5, 2012
                Dear Webheads, thank you for the links . They are very interesting but I
                am looking for ISSUU publications made by students.

                @Nina Your link does not work :(

                Hugs from Argentina, Nelba
                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "nina.lyulkun@..."

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 5, 2012
                  Thank you, Stella! Your blog is really intesting.
                  Thanks for sharing.
                  Nelba
                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "STELLA" <saubidet@...>
                  wrote:

                  > sorry for the spelling, of course I meant ISSUU and MIXBOOK (Nov 2011
                  entries)

                  > stella

                • Aiden Yeh
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 6, 2012
                    Hi Nelba,

                    As promised, here are the links to my students' ezines:
                    http://issuu.com/wenzao/docs

                    Aiden

                    Aiden Yeh, PhD
                    English Department
                    Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages
                    Kaohsiung, Taiwan
                    TwitterID: motherchina
                    SkypeID: aidenyeh
                    Line, Talkbox, Viber: +886938392852

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 6, 2012
                      Sorry, there's only one link: http://issuu.com/wenzao/docs
                      But the page will lead you to the 3 student-produced ezines.

                      Aiden

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 7, 2012
                        Hi, Aiden: the material is really interesting! Tell me more about your
                        Students.

                        How old are they?
                        What level of English do they have?
                        Have they designed these magazines on their own or with the help of a
                        designer?

                        Warm regards from Argentina,
                        Nelba

                        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...>

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 7, 2012
                          Hi Nelba,

                          Here's a few information about my students.

                          How old are they? 18-19 years old, College Freshmen
                          What level of English do they have? Intermediate-Advanced
                          Have they designed these magazines on their own or with the help of a
                          designer? On their own. If you look at the table of contents (preface), you'll see who was in-charge of graphic design and collection of images. They assigned the ezine design to one student who knew how to use Adobe.

                          Hope you find this helpful.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 9, 2012
                            Thank you , Aiden!
                            Nelba from Argentina