ESL ISSUU projects

  • nelbaq
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2012
      Dear Webheads,
      I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
      with kids, teens or adults.
      If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
      workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
      Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

    • Aiden
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2, 2012
        Nelba,

        I can send you the links in a little while (just waking up and still in bed).
        Or, you can search for Issuu on the webheads YG. You'll see the links I posted 3-4 years ago. They are student produced e-zines.

        Aiden

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 2012/6/3, at 2:46, "nelbaq" <nelbaq@...> wrote:

        > Dear Webheads,
        > I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
        > with kids, teens or adults.
        > If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
        > workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
        > Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

      • Luis Arnoldo Ordoñez Vela
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2012
          Nelba, pudiese interesarle que yo lo uso para subir mi bibliograf�a
          (publicada en revistas acad�micas o no) y me siento muy satisfecho, espero
          le sea util pero no se cual es el nivel de sus alumnos
          http://issuu.com/lordonezv
          Un saludo y mis felicitaciones a ese importante grupo de los webheads
          LO

          2012/6/2 nelbaq <nelbaq@...>

          > **
          >

          > Dear Webheads,
          > I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
          > with kids, teens or adults.
          > If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
          > workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
          > Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

          Luis Ord��ez

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2012
            You can reach these materials on guest access

            http://issuu.com/vances/docs/computer_literacy_2009_lessons_1-3
            and
            http://issuu.com/vances/docs/social_networking_2009_lessons1-3

            The students really liked them and asked me to produce more books like
            this. I told them they could make the books themselves (but they
            never did :-)

            Vance

            On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 3:50 AM, Luis Arnoldo Ordoñez Vela
            <lordonezv@...> wrote:
            > Nelba, pudiese interesarle que yo lo uso para subir mi bibliografía
            > (publicada en revistas académicas o no) y me siento muy satisfecho, espero
            > le sea util pero no se cual es el nivel de sus alumnos
            > http://issuu.com/lordonezv
            > Un saludo y mis felicitaciones a ese importante grupo de los webheads
            > LO
            >
            > 2012/6/2 nelbaq <nelbaq@...>
            >
            >> **
            >>

            >> Dear Webheads,
            >> I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
            >> with kids, teens or adults.
            >> If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
            >> workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
            >> Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

            > --
            > Luis Ordóñez

            Vance Stevens
            http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
            http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com
          • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
              Hi Nelba,

              I used to use ISSUU for publishing students' conference materials.
              Take a look at http://issuu.com/nagora/docs/conf_book1.

              Regards,
              Nina

              > > 2012/6/2 nelbaq <nelbaq@...>
              > >
              > >> **
              > >>

              > >> Dear Webheads,
              > >> I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
              > >> with kids, teens or adults.
              > >> If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
              > >> workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
              > >> Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

            • STELLA
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
                Last year I used ISSUE, Calameo, Bookr and/or MIXBOX
                I gave them samples, they wrote fiction and then we edited their books (special attention was given to the genre and book format)>>>College level (ISFD41, Adrogué). The books can be found in our class blog available at http://lee3-more.blogspot.com.ar/

                I hope the info is useful.

                Should you have any queries, let me know

                stella
                I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
                with kids, teens or adults.
                If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
                workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
                Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

                Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
                Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
                Versión: 2012.0.1913 / Base de datos de virus: 2425/5038 - Fecha de la versión: 01/06/2012

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
                  Fabulous animation! Very endearing! :-)

                  Thanks for sharing.

                  Teresa

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 3, 2012
                    sorry for the spelling, of course I meant ISSUU and MIXBOOK (Nov 2011 entries)

                    stella

                    I would like to know if you have used ISSUU for an ESL project either
                    with kids, teens or adults.
                    If you have, could you send the links to this e-group? I am giving a
                    workshop on this web tool, so I need some examples.
                    Thanks in advance.Nelba from Argentina :-)

                    Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
                    Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
                    Versión: 2012.0.1913 / Base de datos de virus: 2425/5038 - Fecha de la versión: 01/06/2012

                    Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
                    Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
                    Versión: 2012.0.2177 / Base de datos de virus: 2425/5043 - Fecha de la versión: 03/06/2012

                  • nelbaq
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 5, 2012
                      Dear Webheads, thank you for the links . They are very interesting but I
                      am looking for ISSUU publications made by students.

                      @Nina Your link does not work :(

                      Hugs from Argentina, Nelba
                      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "nina.lyulkun@..."

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 5, 2012
                        Thank you, Stella! Your blog is really intesting.
                        Thanks for sharing.
                        Nelba
                        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "STELLA" <saubidet@...>
                        wrote:

                        > sorry for the spelling, of course I meant ISSUU and MIXBOOK (Nov 2011
                        entries)

                        > stella

                      • Aiden Yeh
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 6, 2012
                          Hi Nelba,

                          As promised, here are the links to my students' ezines:
                          http://issuu.com/wenzao/docs

                          Aiden

                          Aiden Yeh, PhD
                          English Department
                          Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages
                          Kaohsiung, Taiwan
                          TwitterID: motherchina
                          SkypeID: aidenyeh
                          Line, Talkbox, Viber: +886938392852

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 6, 2012
                            Sorry, there's only one link: http://issuu.com/wenzao/docs
                            But the page will lead you to the 3 student-produced ezines.

                            Aiden

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 7, 2012
                              Hi, Aiden: the material is really interesting! Tell me more about your
                              Students.

                              How old are they?
                              What level of English do they have?
                              Have they designed these magazines on their own or with the help of a
                              designer?

                              Warm regards from Argentina,
                              Nelba

                              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...>

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 7, 2012
                                Hi Nelba,

                                Here's a few information about my students.

                                How old are they? 18-19 years old, College Freshmen
                                What level of English do they have? Intermediate-Advanced
                                Have they designed these magazines on their own or with the help of a
                                designer? On their own. If you look at the table of contents (preface), you'll see who was in-charge of graphic design and collection of images. They assigned the ezine design to one student who knew how to use Adobe.

                                Hope you find this helpful.

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jun 9, 2012
                                  Thank you , Aiden!
                                  Nelba from Argentina