Now Accepting Applications for Full Scholarships to WorldCALL 2013

  • Thomas N. Robb
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2012
      Dear Colleagues,

      Please forgive the cross-posting of this important announcement, and please
      re-post when needed.

      WorldCALL 2013, to be held in Glasgow, Scotland from July 10-13, 2013
      announces the availability of full scholarships to the congress, including
      transportation, fees, lodging and a stipend for miscellaneous expenses. In
      keeping with our policy of "Equity and Access" these scholarships are only
      available to participants from countries that are not considered to be
      "Higher Income Economies" by the World Bank. The scholarships are thus
      based not only on merit but also on financial need. An accepted
      presentation is not a requirement for a scholarship award.

      The Scholarship Committee seeks applicants who are current or potential
      future leaders in the application of technology for language learning. We
      encourage all CALL scholars and practitioners, including graduate students
      in qualifying countries, to apply. We envision the awarding at least 10
      scholarships with a well-considered balance between geographic and other
      demographic factors.

      Further information and the application form are available at:
      http://worldcall4.org/scholarships. The deadline for the receipt of
      applications is November 30, 2012.

      Further information about the conference itself and the paper submission
      process can be found at: http://www.worldcall2013.org

      Collegially,
      --Thomas Robb, Chair, WorldCALL Scholarship Committee

      ** Thomas N. Robb, Ph.D., Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan **
      ** <trobb@...-su.ac.jp>
      **
      ** http://www.cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~trobb/index.html **

    • mike
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2012
        Hi Thomas,

        The links do not seem to work. I get this message from the first link:
        http://worldcall4.org/scholarships.

        Not Found

        The requested URL /scholarships. was not found on this server.
        Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at worldcall4.org Port 80

        For the second link:http://www.worldcall2013.org

        Directory Listing Denied
        This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

      • Thomas N. Robb
        Message 3 of 4 , May 28, 2012
          Hi Mike,

          The full stop at the end of the address should not be part of the url.

          http://worldcall4.org/scholarships

          --Tom

          ******* Don't miss the GLoCALL 2012 in Beijing! *********
          ************** 18 to 20 October 2012 http://glocall.org ******************