Re: [evonline2002_webheads] What If Zuck Meant It?

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2012
      I'm like the guy with a hammer and all he sees - or cares about - is nails.

      In the Forbes/Facebook article (thanks Bee) the absence of the
      "nails" that I believe /should/ be there is clear. How can Facebook,
      perhaps in a joint venture with Google, /really/ make a difference
      for the whole entire planet? I say it would be for them to, first,
      throwing the widest net they could throw asking the single question:
      "What's the Singe Most Important Thing We Could Do to Improve the
      Planet?"

      My response would be to advocate for more conservation, more
      preservation, more sanctuaries, more protection - for the planet. I
      would narrow that to concentrate on the Oceans, rivers, waste and
      water treatment. On this matter, Dr. Slyvia Earle has it exactly
      right: "All that is at stake is the whole human race."

      If there is a more urgent, more important "thing" that Facebook
      and/or Google could do than to advocate for this "cause"? I honestly
      don't know of one. But the collective wisdom and intelligence of
      Webheads could well have a better idea. If so, I would love, love,
      love to hear it. And, then, when that "answer" is agreed upon, how
      would Webheads provoke Google/Facebook sufficiently to take up the
      issue?

      John Hibbs
      http://oceanrights.org