Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Elder Bob

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2012
      >Among other things we were joined via internet webcam by Bee in South
      America who was having a party of her own down there

      Some screen pics of that day.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bee/7930636/in/photostream/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bee/7932259/in/photostream/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bee/7932260/in/photostream/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bee/7934231/in/photostream/
      Aaron and Aili: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bee/7936003/in/photostream/
      Aaron, Bee and a view of the Bistro:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bee/7936004/in/photostream/
      Party time: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bee/7939845/in/photostream/

      Enjoy!
      B.
      --
      Barbara Dieu
      http://barbaradieu.com

    • Jane Petring
      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2012
        Hi All,
        I've been slow to respond because I've been offline so much lately. I
        remember so well how Elder Bob jumped up to the plate when I suggested a
        Webhead get-together at the San Antonio TESOL convention back in 2005. He
        immediately set out to find a way to include all Webheads, back when "wifi"
        was not part of the restaurateur's lexicon. He scoped out San Antonio's
        only wifi-equipped dining venue and supplied the f2f attendees with a goody
        bag of treats as the sage-and-silly black plastic glasses in the pix
        attest.....If ElderBob had an oversized waist it could only be to house
        that oversized heart of his. I'll miss him fondly.

        I've been slow to respond because I've been offline and off-work for the
        session...cycling in rural Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam followed by a
        trip to Oz and wonderful f2f dinner with Michael Coghlan...now I'm off
        again, to Colombia this time!

        Hugs to all,
        Jane

      • Rita
        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2012
          And I will never forget Elderbob's Knowplace discussion forums, calling himself a "Podcast Nut" --always ready to share, help, contribute, give prompt advice when needed. Two screenshots of his Knowplace Course on Podcasting, which I attended and learnt from, in Sept-October 2006, are here:
          http://www.zangzing.com/ritaz/elderbob

          These memories we are collecting clearly show the indelible trail dear Elderbob left behind in each of those who had the fortune to share some time with him.

          Warmly from Argentina,

          Rita

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Jane Petring <japetring@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          > I've been slow to respond because I've been offline so much lately. I
          > remember so well how Elder Bob jumped up to the plate when I suggested a
          > Webhead get-together at the San Antonio TESOL convention back in 2005. He
          > immediately set out to find a way to include all Webheads, back when "wifi"
          > was not part of the restaurateur's lexicon. He scoped out San Antonio's
          > only wifi-equipped dining venue and supplied the f2f attendees with a goody
          > bag of treats as the sage-and-silly black plastic glasses in the pix
          > attest.....If ElderBob had an oversized waist it could only be to house
          > that oversized heart of his. I'll miss him fondly.
          >
          > I've been slow to respond because I've been offline and off-work for the
          > session...cycling in rural Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam followed by a
          > trip to Oz and wonderful f2f dinner with Michael Coghlan...now I'm off
          > again, to Colombia this time!
          >
          > Hugs to all,
          > Jane

        • Squires, Robert
          Message 4 of 7 , May 5, 2012
            Rita, all,

            Not sure if I mentioned that Elder Bob was my Skype buddy when I was learning how to webcast (an ongoing process). He was always on line and willing to help when I gave him a quick ring. My enduring image of Elderbob is the man in chaps that's his Skype avatar: http://www.myspace.com/elderbob

            Bob (Junior)

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>, Jane Petring <japetring@...<mailto:japetring@...>> wrote:

            > Hi All,
            > I've been slow to respond because I've been offline so much lately. I
            > remember so well how Elder Bob jumped up to the plate when I suggested a
            > Webhead get-together at the San Antonio TESOL convention back in 2005. He
            > immediately set out to find a way to include all Webheads, back when "wifi"
            > was not part of the restaurateur's lexicon. He scoped out San Antonio's
            > only wifi-equipped dining venue and supplied the f2f attendees with a goody
            > bag of treats as the sage-and-silly black plastic glasses in the pix
            > attest.....If ElderBob had an oversized waist it could only be to house
            > that oversized heart of his. I'll miss him fondly.
            >
            > I've been slow to respond because I've been offline and off-work for the
            > session...cycling in rural Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam followed by a
            > trip to Oz and wonderful f2f dinner with Michael Coghlan...now I'm off
            > again, to Colombia this time!
            >
            > Hugs to all,
            > Jane

          • Jeff
            Message 5 of 7 , May 6, 2012
              I will remember Elderbob with a smile...
              Most of my online interactions with him were related to assorted webcasting projects. I will always picture him plugging in a new headset, fiddling with audio settings, and taking a break whenever a grandchild got close.

              My thoughts are with family and friends who were closest to Elderbob. I know how much he touched the lives of us who knew him virtually.

              Thought I'd share a few pieces of media from our virtual encounters...

              WiAOC 2007Wrap-up with Lee, Michael, Vance, & Others
              Event Listing: http://webcastacademy.net/node/235
              Recording: http://webeadsinaction.org/sites/webheadsinaction.org/files/WiAOC2007_Webcast_4am_May_20_2007.mp3

              EVO2008 Music in the Classroom Collaboration with Lee Baber
              http://edtechtalk.com/node/3075
              http://evo08sessionscfp.pbworks.com/w/page/7479059/Music

              Webcast Academy Participation
              Class of 1.2, Session 1A
              http://webcastacademy.net/Class1.2_Workshop1

              Earthcast 2008 Unconference chat with Doug, Dennis, Jose, Christina
              http://webcastacademy.net/node/2004
            • Jeff
              Message 6 of 7 , May 6, 2012