Young talented poet

  • ayattawel
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2012
      Dear webheads,
      Since you are a special group of professionals and friends here, I hope you don't mind if I share with you my thoughts about a wonderful student at my school!!
      Mashallah, One of our students in school, who is about 12/13 years old is an exceptionally talented poet and writer. You can never imagine how deep her language, thoughts and feelings are in her quite long poems. With all respect to great poets, I think she is no less than many of them !!!!
      She has been reading LOTS of English literature, and nearly read all Shakespeare's works !!!!
      I have been trying to find a way to motivate her and award her in a way of recognition of her talent !! I thought of publishing her works online, but I was discouraged as I though I might not find a good place online to keep her work safe and appreciated !!! So, I thought I should share it with you and ask for your advice on how to do this or if any of you know of an international competiton which she might join !!??
      Hope you don't think I'm exaggerating !! If not, I appreciate your ideas as I'm sure you too will enjoy her poems alot !!
      Thanks,
      Ayat
    • frenchbob2001
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2012
        Ayat, have you thought about smashwords? You can either give the work free, name your price or set a price

        https://www.smashwords.com/

        Hope this may help

        Bob

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "ayattawel" <tooty5979@...> wrote:

        > Dear webheads,
        > Since you are a special group of professionals and friends here, I hope you don't mind if I share with you my thoughts about a wonderful student at my school!!
        > Mashallah, One of our students in school, who is about 12/13 years old is an exceptionally talented poet and writer. You can never imagine how deep her language, thoughts and feelings are in her quite long poems. With all respect to great poets, I think she is no less than many of them !!!!
        > She has been reading LOTS of English literature, and nearly read all Shakespeare's works !!!!
        > I have been trying to find a way to motivate her and award her in a way of recognition of her talent !! I thought of publishing her works online, but I was discouraged as I though I might not find a good place online to keep her work safe and appreciated !!! So, I thought I should share it with you and ask for your advice on how to do this or if any of you know of an international competiton which she might join !!??
        > Hope you don't think I'm exaggerating !! If not, I appreciate your ideas as I'm sure you too will enjoy her poems alot !!
        > Thanks,
        > Ayat

      • ayattawel
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2012
          Hi Bob,
          Thank you for your prompt reply. I'm checking smashwords now and it seems that it has lots of wonderful stuff !!
          See you,
          Ayat