Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: [EVO_Moderators] Re: Fwd: EVO Sessions Panel at the 5th Virtual Round Table Web Conference

  • Daniel Bassill
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 16 7:34 AM
      Vance, thanks for hosting me yesterday and for sharing this with the rest of the Webheads community.

      I hope some of you will find time to look at the recorded session and the essays I've posted at http://www.scribd.com/my_document_collections/3299390. These are ideas that many people can adopt and use to help youth and families in many parts of the world, not just Chicago.

      This talent map illustrates the different skills/talents that I'm trying to recruit to support my own efforts to expand and apply these ideas - http://tinyurl.com/TMC-Talent-needed

      Many people in your own networks have these talents and might be interested in working with me, but they don't know I exist. If you share this you can help me.

      However, you can also use the talent map to build your own team of partners/volunteers to support education and social/environmental problem solving in communities where you teach. As some of you do that the networking you do will connect these groups to each other in ways that exchange ideas and build support for the work each group tries do to in many different places.

      I'm on Skype at dbassill and will be happy to talk with any of you. I host a forum at http://tutormentorconnection.ning.com where you and/or your students can join me. I'm also going to be interviewed by Nellie Deutsch in a WizIQ session on April 25 at 10am.

      Enjoy your week.

      Dan Bassill
      Tutor/Mentor Connection
      Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 16 7:53 AM
        Hi Vance,

        I'll join you for some of the sessions. It's been a while since I've been directly involved in EVO, but I have such great memories and the practice of facilitating the session was very informative.

        A colleague and I are actually planning an open course on multi-cultural education for this summer (June-July): Education across Cultures. It's more of a Wee Open Online Togethering (Woot!) than a MOOC and will more closely resemble David Wiley's Introduction to Open Ed or Alec Couros' EC&I831, than a Siemens/Downes MOOC. I'm hoping for a little more moderator-participant interaction. Based on EVO experiences, around 100 participants would work well, including 20 graduate students enrolled for credit at The University of Montana.

        Here's a preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDHK3Wksj8k&context=C41beca0ADvjVQa1PpcFPIx3k0Q7ZUICVxuDAWrAsGqbfNEEDs7q0=

        Anyway, I would love to chat more about all of this.

        Robert

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 16 8:13 AM
          Hey Robert,

          As you've said you'd be there, I've added your name at
          http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SundayApril2220121300GMTEVOandnbspGlobalEarthDay

          Now, about this Woot!Fest, why not come on Learning2gether and tell us more
          about it. The way that this works for you or for anyone who wants to
          participate, is that you can

          (a) tell me what and when you'd like to present and I'll write it in for you

          or

          (b) Join the wiki at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com
          Pick a Sunday
          Write in your event
          Set a time - noon, 1300, 1400, maybe even 1500 GMT work best (for me :-)

          At the moment, we've got Sundays from May 13 onwards.

          We'd love to learn together with you,

          Vance

          On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Squires, Robert <robert.squires@...

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 16 8:58 AM
            Sounds good, Vance. I'll get on the schedule.

            Robert

            Now, about this Woot!Fest, why not come on Learning2gether and tell us more about it. The way that this works for you or for anyone who wants to participate, is that you can

            (a) tell me what and when you'd like to present and I'll write it in for you

            or

            (b) Join the wiki at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com
            Pick a Sunday
            Write in your event
            Set a time - noon, 1300, 1400, maybe even 1500 GMT work best (for me :-)

            At the moment, we've got Sundays from May 13 onwards.

            We'd love to learn together with you,

            Vance

            On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Squires, Robert <robert.squires@...
            > wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi Vance,
            >
            > I'll join you for some of the sessions. It's been a while since I've
            > been directly involved in EVO, but I have such great memories and the
            > practice of facilitating the session was very informative.
            >
            > A colleague and I are actually planning an open course on
            > multi-cultural education for this summer (June-July): Education across
            > Cultures. It's more of a Wee Open Online Togethering (Woot!) than a
            > MOOC and will more closely resemble David Wiley's Introduction to Open
            > Ed or Alec Couros' EC&I831, than a Siemens/Downes MOOC. I'm hoping for
            > a little more moderator-participant interaction. Based on EVO
            > experiences, around 100 participants would work well, including 20
            > graduate students enrolled for credit at The University of Montana.
            >
            > Here's a preview:
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDHK3Wksj8k&context=C41beca0ADvjVQa1Ppc
            > FPIx3k0Q7ZUICVxuDAWrAsGqbfNEEDs7q0=
            >
            > Anyway, I would love to chat more about all of this.
            >
            > Robert

          • Margarita Trujillo
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 16 3:31 PM
              Thanks for the information, I will be conected to participate in the round table conference.

              Margarita Trujillo P.

              As you've said you'd be there, I've added your name at
              http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SundayApril2220121300GMTEVOandnbspGlobalEarthDay

              Now, about this Woot!Fest, why not come on Learning2gether and tell us more
              about it.  The way that this works for you or for anyone who wants to
              participate, is that you can

              (a) tell me what and when you'd like to present and I'll write it in for you

              or

              (b) Join the wiki at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com
              Pick a Sunday
              Write in your event
              Set a time - noon, 1300, 1400, maybe even 1500 GMT work best (for me :-)

              At the moment, we've got Sundays from May 13 onwards.

              We'd love to learn together with you,

              Vance

              On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Squires, Robert <robert.squires@...
              > wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Hi Vance,
              >
              > I'll join you for some of the sessions. It's been a while since I've been
              > directly involved in EVO, but I have such great memories and the practice
              > of facilitating the session was very informative.
              >
              > A colleague and I are actually planning an open course on multi-cultural
              > education for this summer (June-July): Education across Cultures. It's more
              > of a Wee Open Online Togethering (Woot!) than a MOOC and will more closely
              > resemble David Wiley's Introduction to Open Ed or Alec Couros' EC&I831,
              > than a Siemens/Downes MOOC. I'm hoping for a little more
              > moderator-participant interaction. Based on EVO experiences, around 100
              > participants would work well, including 20 graduate students enrolled for
              > credit at The University of Montana.
              >
              > Here's a preview:
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDHK3Wksj8k&context=C41beca0ADvjVQa1PpcFPIx3k0Q7ZUICVxuDAWrAsGqbfNEEDs7q0=
              >
              > Anyway, I would love to chat more about all of this.
              >
              > Robert

            • ayattawel
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 18 3:05 PM
                Dear Vance and all webheads,
                I wish you all the best in the VRT conference. EVO sessions really deserve that we tell everybody how inspiring they can be.
                As one of those who are always inspired by EVO sessions, it's a pleasure to invite you to attend my session in the same VRT conference next Friday at 10:30pm GMT. You can find more details here http://www.virtual-round-table.com/events/young-learners
                Last year after attending Baw11, I worked in a collaboration project with my dear friend, Maria Bossa, and we were invited by Vance to talk about it in Learning2gether.
                This year, after EVO 2012, I started another collaboration project in which my students have been working in Edmodo with students from Canada. We also used some other online tools. This project will be the topic of my presentation on Friday !!Oh, not only that, I will be presenting in the same room with Barbara Sakamoto !!!It's really exciting !!
                Hope to see you there !!
                Ayat Tawel