Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: [EVO_Moderators] Re: Fwd: EVO Sessions Panel at the 5th Virtual Round Table Web Conference

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 16, 2012
      Hi Nellie, Webheads, and moderators,

      For those interested I've just posted the recording and session links
      to our Learning2gether chat last night with Dan Bassill. Dan was
      talking about how he conceives channeling knowledge into action
      through a 4-part strategy he articulated through mindmaps and other
      visuals. His work has a lot in common with that of Webheads, MOOCs,
      and EVO (which I have argued possibly IS a MOOC) in that he taps
      cognitive surplus to leverage volunteer effort while trying to scale
      and sustain through getting the attention of (i.e. the information out
      to) the business community. Here is the writeup:
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/dan-bassill-tutormentor-institutes-four-part

      Meanwhile we're pulling next week's EVO session together. I'm
      updating the Learning2gether wiki here:

      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SundayApril2220121300GMTEVOandnbspGlobalEarthDay

      Heike continues to work from her end (though this is one of many
      sessions she is organizing):
      http://www.virtual-round-table.com/events/panel-evo-earthday

      So far we have Nellie, Mary Hillis, and I but it would be nice to have
      others who would join us in presenting their sessions to an audience
      expanded beyond that we normally reach.

      Let us know if you can help us bring your perspective on any sessions
      at EVO, either as a moderator or participant.

      best,
      Vance

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 16, 2012
        Vance, thanks for hosting me yesterday and for sharing this with the rest of the Webheads community.

        I hope some of you will find time to look at the recorded session and the essays I've posted at http://www.scribd.com/my_document_collections/3299390. These are ideas that many people can adopt and use to help youth and families in many parts of the world, not just Chicago.

        This talent map illustrates the different skills/talents that I'm trying to recruit to support my own efforts to expand and apply these ideas - http://tinyurl.com/TMC-Talent-needed

        Many people in your own networks have these talents and might be interested in working with me, but they don't know I exist. If you share this you can help me.

        However, you can also use the talent map to build your own team of partners/volunteers to support education and social/environmental problem solving in communities where you teach. As some of you do that the networking you do will connect these groups to each other in ways that exchange ideas and build support for the work each group tries do to in many different places.

        I'm on Skype at dbassill and will be happy to talk with any of you. I host a forum at http://tutormentorconnection.ning.com where you and/or your students can join me. I'm also going to be interviewed by Nellie Deutsch in a WizIQ session on April 25 at 10am.

        Enjoy your week.

        Dan Bassill
        Tutor/Mentor Connection
        Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC

        >For those interested I've just posted the recording and session links
        >to our Learning2gether chat last night with Dan Bassill. Dan was
        >talking about how he conceives channeling knowledge into action
        >through a 4-part strategy he articulated through mindmaps and other
        >visuals. His work has a lot in common with that of Webheads, MOOCs,
        >and EVO (which I have argued possibly IS a MOOC) in that he taps
        >cognitive surplus to leverage volunteer effort while trying to scale
        >and sustain through getting the attention of (i.e. the information out
        >to) the business community. Here is the writeup:
        >http://learning2gether.posterous.com/dan-bassill-tutormentor-institutes-four-part
        >
        >Meanwhile we're pulling next week's EVO session together. I'm
        >updating the Learning2gether wiki here:
        >
        >http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SundayApril2220121300GMTEVOandnbspGlobalEarthDay
        >
        >Heike continues to work from her end (though this is one of many
        >sessions she is organizing):
        >http://www.virtual-round-table.com/events/panel-evo-earthday
        >
        >So far we have Nellie, Mary Hillis, and I but it would be nice to have
        >others who would join us in presenting their sessions to an audience
        >expanded beyond that we normally reach.
        >
        >Let us know if you can help us bring your perspective on any sessions
        >at EVO, either as a moderator or participant.
        >
        >best,
        >Vance
        >
        >On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Dr. Nellie Deutsch
        ><nelliemuller@...> wrote:
        >> Vance,
        >>
        >> Let me know how I can be of help.
        >>

        >> Warm wishes,
        >>
        >>  Dr. Nellie Deutsch, Ed.D.
        >

        >>> Hi everyone,
        >>>
        >>> Heike Philp has been bending over backwards to include EVO in the
        >>> latest 5th Virtual Round Table Web Conference. She realized that the
        >>> Saturday proposed was inconvenient for most of us and also that
        >>> Sundays were the normal Webheads and Learning2gether event times, and
        >>> so she has arranged to move the event "To txt or not to txt" from 1300
        >>> Sunday to Saturday. She has adjusted her calendar of events so that
        >>> the following entry appears in the events for 1300 GMT Sunday April
        >>> 22, EVO Panel
        >>> http://www.virtual-round-table.com/events/evo-panel
        >
        >--
        >Vance Stevens
        >http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        >http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • Squires, Robert
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 16, 2012
          Hi Vance,

          I'll join you for some of the sessions. It's been a while since I've been directly involved in EVO, but I have such great memories and the practice of facilitating the session was very informative.

          A colleague and I are actually planning an open course on multi-cultural education for this summer (June-July): Education across Cultures. It's more of a Wee Open Online Togethering (Woot!) than a MOOC and will more closely resemble David Wiley's Introduction to Open Ed or Alec Couros' EC&I831, than a Siemens/Downes MOOC. I'm hoping for a little more moderator-participant interaction. Based on EVO experiences, around 100 participants would work well, including 20 graduate students enrolled for credit at The University of Montana.

          Here's a preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDHK3Wksj8k&context=C41beca0ADvjVQa1PpcFPIx3k0Q7ZUICVxuDAWrAsGqbfNEEDs7q0=

          Anyway, I would love to chat more about all of this.

          Robert

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 16, 2012
            Hey Robert,

            As you've said you'd be there, I've added your name at
            http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SundayApril2220121300GMTEVOandnbspGlobalEarthDay

            Now, about this Woot!Fest, why not come on Learning2gether and tell us more
            about it. The way that this works for you or for anyone who wants to
            participate, is that you can

            (a) tell me what and when you'd like to present and I'll write it in for you

            or

            (b) Join the wiki at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com
            Pick a Sunday
            Write in your event
            Set a time - noon, 1300, 1400, maybe even 1500 GMT work best (for me :-)

            At the moment, we've got Sundays from May 13 onwards.

            We'd love to learn together with you,

            Vance

            On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Squires, Robert <robert.squires@...

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 16, 2012
              Sounds good, Vance. I'll get on the schedule.

              Robert

              Now, about this Woot!Fest, why not come on Learning2gether and tell us more about it. The way that this works for you or for anyone who wants to participate, is that you can

              (a) tell me what and when you'd like to present and I'll write it in for you

              or

              (b) Join the wiki at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com
              Pick a Sunday
              Write in your event
              Set a time - noon, 1300, 1400, maybe even 1500 GMT work best (for me :-)

              At the moment, we've got Sundays from May 13 onwards.

              We'd love to learn together with you,

              Vance

              On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Squires, Robert <robert.squires@...
              > wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Hi Vance,
              >
              > I'll join you for some of the sessions. It's been a while since I've
              > been directly involved in EVO, but I have such great memories and the
              > practice of facilitating the session was very informative.
              >
              > A colleague and I are actually planning an open course on
              > multi-cultural education for this summer (June-July): Education across
              > Cultures. It's more of a Wee Open Online Togethering (Woot!) than a
              > MOOC and will more closely resemble David Wiley's Introduction to Open
              > Ed or Alec Couros' EC&I831, than a Siemens/Downes MOOC. I'm hoping for
              > a little more moderator-participant interaction. Based on EVO
              > experiences, around 100 participants would work well, including 20
              > graduate students enrolled for credit at The University of Montana.
              >
              > Here's a preview:
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDHK3Wksj8k&context=C41beca0ADvjVQa1Ppc
              > FPIx3k0Q7ZUICVxuDAWrAsGqbfNEEDs7q0=
              >
              > Anyway, I would love to chat more about all of this.
              >
              > Robert

            • Margarita Trujillo
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 16, 2012
                Thanks for the information, I will be conected to participate in the round table conference.

                Margarita Trujillo P.

                As you've said you'd be there, I've added your name at
                http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SundayApril2220121300GMTEVOandnbspGlobalEarthDay

                Now, about this Woot!Fest, why not come on Learning2gether and tell us more
                about it.  The way that this works for you or for anyone who wants to
                participate, is that you can

                (a) tell me what and when you'd like to present and I'll write it in for you

                or

                (b) Join the wiki at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com
                Pick a Sunday
                Write in your event
                Set a time - noon, 1300, 1400, maybe even 1500 GMT work best (for me :-)

                At the moment, we've got Sundays from May 13 onwards.

                We'd love to learn together with you,

                Vance

                On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Squires, Robert <robert.squires@...
                > wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Hi Vance,
                >
                > I'll join you for some of the sessions. It's been a while since I've been
                > directly involved in EVO, but I have such great memories and the practice
                > of facilitating the session was very informative.
                >
                > A colleague and I are actually planning an open course on multi-cultural
                > education for this summer (June-July): Education across Cultures. It's more
                > of a Wee Open Online Togethering (Woot!) than a MOOC and will more closely
                > resemble David Wiley's Introduction to Open Ed or Alec Couros' EC&I831,
                > than a Siemens/Downes MOOC. I'm hoping for a little more
                > moderator-participant interaction. Based on EVO experiences, around 100
                > participants would work well, including 20 graduate students enrolled for
                > credit at The University of Montana.
                >
                > Here's a preview:
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDHK3Wksj8k&context=C41beca0ADvjVQa1PpcFPIx3k0Q7ZUICVxuDAWrAsGqbfNEEDs7q0=
                >
                > Anyway, I would love to chat more about all of this.
                >
                > Robert

              • ayattawel
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 18, 2012
                  Dear Vance and all webheads,
                  I wish you all the best in the VRT conference. EVO sessions really deserve that we tell everybody how inspiring they can be.
                  As one of those who are always inspired by EVO sessions, it's a pleasure to invite you to attend my session in the same VRT conference next Friday at 10:30pm GMT. You can find more details here http://www.virtual-round-table.com/events/young-learners
                  Last year after attending Baw11, I worked in a collaboration project with my dear friend, Maria Bossa, and we were invited by Vance to talk about it in Learning2gether.
                  This year, after EVO 2012, I started another collaboration project in which my students have been working in Edmodo with students from Canada. We also used some other online tools. This project will be the topic of my presentation on Friday !!Oh, not only that, I will be presenting in the same room with Barbara Sakamoto !!!It's really exciting !!
                  Hope to see you there !!
                  Ayat Tawel