Re: [evonline2002_webheads] IATEFL recordings in Second Life

  • Graham Stanley
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
      Hi Dennis,

      I think this due to the settings on the Glasgow Online video channel. By
      default, the videos are private and anyone who tries to embed them on their
      blog gets the message you get, unless they have registered to be a Glasgow
      Online official blogger.

      If this is what's happening, I'm not sure you'll be able to get them to
      work in SL, I'm afraid.

      Best,

      Graham

      On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > This is question for those with know-how of Second Life.
      >
      > There is a treasure trove of expertise to be shared in the recorded
      > interviews and recorded sessions from IATEFL's recent conference in
      > Glasgow.
      >
      > Unfortunately, when I try to show them on a media prim in Second Life I get
      > the message: "Video forbidden. This video is private." And, yes, I do log
      > in to the IATEFL site inworld.
      >
      > Any suggestions?
      > --

    • dnewson2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
        Graham,

        Thanks very much for that information. As I explained to Gavin, it was less a case of my needing to view the recordings in SL, rather wanting to know why it did not seem to be possible.

        I am happy enough being able to access them on my home browser!

        Dennis