Re: ds106

  • sacato
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2012
      Hi Vance,

      Thanks for the b-day wish.

      I'm thinking of beginning the mini MOOC on April 23 so learning2gether session on the 29th would be a idea. We can have some sort of synchronous session to review the progress, look forward and discuss the impressions and implications of ds106.

      I've been in contact with Jim Groom and Alan Levine and they are both fully onboard with the idea.

      One thing that will need to happen is for me to set up a Google form to collect particpants' names and blog RSS feeds so that they can pre-registered before we begin. I'll post details as soon as that's been set up.

      Additionally, I'm not sure about how to "volunteer for the mic" on the learning2gether wiki. Is it as simple as signing up for the wiki through pbwiki? Any advice would be appreciated.

      I'm hoping to have a blog post up announcing the mini MOOC at scottlo.com as soon as I can. Will post details here when that's done as well.

      Thanks.

      Best,
      scottlo

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2012
        Scott,

        You're asking the right questions. Learning2gether is set up to be
        self-perpetuating, though in practice it has only partially worked that way
        so far.

        Anyone can request to join the wiki at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com

        If I recognize you (I know who you are or you have let me know you are
        subscribing with intent to contribute) I'll accept you as a writer. If I
        don't know you I'll accept you as a reader. That's just to prevent my
        having to stomp out fires set by spammers. I'm notified of all changes and
        can revert anything I think is changed in error, and I would like for this
        to run by people just signing themselves up.

        So far most people have let me write up their sessions and that's fine too.
        Dan Bassill (coming up on Apr 15) has been doing his own writeups for his
        session. But I don't mind writing it up for you if you want to present and
        don't want to hassle with the wiki. All contributions are appreciated.

        Also when you offer to present you can set your own time and even your own
        date. But traditionally the audience is there on Sundays between noon and
        1500 GMT. We don't have hard and fast rules about it. Beyza is doing a
        session on Apr 19 (not a Sunday).

        So if Sunday Apr 29 is good for you, give me a time (you know the Jeff
        lebow "sweet spot" 1400 GMT) and I'll pencil something in for you and you
        can go in and update later.

        Thanks for considering this (applies to Scott and anyone else considering
        this ... all mics are open in May so far ..)

        Vance

        --
        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

      • sacato
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2012
          Thanks Vance,

          14:00 on the 29th will be great. I'll take you up on your offer to pencil something in which I can update later - big thanks for that.

          I've just made a preliminary blog post (mostly for self-accountability) about this: http://scottlo.com/?p=618

          It contains a link to a Google form for those interested in participating. The form can also be found here:
          http://goo.gl/H1vNh

          Will share more detailed thoughts in the next day or so.

          Best,
          Scott